Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Seldom do I waste time with rebutting articles, and especially not from publications like Rolling Stone. Today, numerous people sent links to the latest Rolling Stone tripe. The story is titled “THE KILL TEAM, THE FULL STORY.” It should be titled: “BULL****, from Rolling Stone.”
Quote:
The online edition of the Rolling Stone story contains a section with a video called “Motorcycle Kill,” which includes our Soldiers gunning down Taliban who were speeding on a motorcycle toward our guys. These Soldiers were also with 5/2 SBCT, far away from the “Kill Team” later accused of the murders. Rolling Stone commits a literary “crime” by deceptively entwining this normal combat video with the Kill Team story. The Taliban on the motorcycle were killed during an intense operation in the Arghandab near Kandahar City. People who have been to the Arghandab realize the extreme danger there. The Soviets got beaten horribly in the Arghandab, despite throwing everything including the Soviet kitchen sink into the battle that lasted over a month. Others fared little better. To my knowledge, 5/2 and supporting units were the first ever to take Arghandab, and these two dead Taliban were part of that process.
The killing of the armed Taliban on the motorcycle was legal and within the rules of engagement. Law and ROE are related but separate matters. In any case, the killing was well within both the law and ROE. The Taliban on the back of the motorcycle raised his rifle to fire at our Soldiers but the rifle did not fire....
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/calling-bull****-on-rolling-stone.htm (broken link)

Is anyone surprised that Rolling Stone has become a propganda misistry for the Left? I'm not surprised one bit.
[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Yes, total B.S. Of course I'm sure that Jeremy Morlock who recieved 24 years in prison for the crimes committed and described in the Rolling Stone article, disagrees w/ you and your article.....AS HE CONFESSED TO HIS CRIMES....and admitted that:

Quote:
A US soldier who pleaded guilty to the murders of three Afghan civilians has been sentenced to 24 years in prison after saying "the plan was to kill people" in a conspiracy with four fellow soldiers.
I call BULLS*IT on your post, and your "quotes" from your article. Who's the shill now? Got a mirror??? Nice attempt at a diversion from you and Michael Yon.

US 'kill team' soldier who murdered unarmed Afghans escapes life sentence | World news | The Guardian

Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Yes, total B.S. Of course I'm sure that Jeremy Morlock who recieved 24 years in prison for the crimes committed and described in the Rolling Stone article, disagrees w/ you and your article.....AS HE CONFESSED TO HIS CRIMES....and admitted that:

I call BULLS*IT on your post, and your "quotes" from your article. Who's the shill now? Got a mirror???

US 'kill team' soldier who murdered unarmed Afghans escapes life sentence | World news | The Guardian

I don't think it is the crime that is in question but the timing of the release of the story by Rolling Stone and Der Speigle, as Obama sent our troops to Libya, that is suspicious. Or, perhaps you still believe in coincidences with this administration?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't think it is the crime that is in question but the timing of the release of the story by Rolling Stone and Der Speigel, as Obama sent our troops to Libya, that is suspicious. Or, perhaps you still believe in coincidences with this administration?

Timing of the release of the story? The administration has been sitting quiet on this for months. The RS story was held off until the trial was about to begin.

Suspicious...would have been a terror alert a day before an election, or cherry-picked raw intel to justify a reason to go to war to depose someone and capture oil fields/production.

Perhaps you should concentrate on the juris prudence of the case, not the whispers from the activist extremists.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
HE CONFESSED TO HIS CRIMES....
Ever hear of a "plea bargain?"

Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

He still CONFESSED to his crimes. The "Plea bargain" was so he didn't spend the rest of his natural life in prison under hard labor.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 AM

521 posts, read 467,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't think it is the crime that is in question but the timing of the release of the story by Rolling Stone and Der Speigle, as Obama sent our troops to Libya, that is suspicious. Or, perhaps you still believe in coincidences with this administration?
Is there a conspiracy?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times
Rolling Stone is a joke and so is anybody that believes their drug induced drivel.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 03-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Discuss topic, not posters

Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yeah. A plea bargain is pleading GUILTY - usually to a lesser crime than you actually committed.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
__404__ (http://www.michaelyon-online.com/calling-bull****-on-rolling-stone.htm - broken link)

Is anyone surprised that Rolling Stone has become a propganda misistry for the Left? I'm not surprised one bit.
[/quote]

I am confused as to how the left would benefit from this article. Are you saying that the right is pro murder? What is the left...right issue here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies