Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:42 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,207,298 times

Advertisements

Reliable GOP. Trimming the budget by cutting benefits for children and the poor.

Meanwhile, GE pays negative taxes to the tune of $3b...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,199,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Read The Bill: H.R. 1135 - GovTrack.us

Jim Jordan (OH)- Evangelical Christian? Really? Up for reelection 2012. Tea supported.

Tim Scott (SC)- Evangelical Christian? Really? Token black guy in SC is up for re election 2012. Tea installed.

Scott Garrett (NJ)-'Non-denominational/ Evangelical Christian? Really? Birther. Tea supported. Up for re election 2012.

Dan Burton (IN)- "Non-denominational/ Christian primitivism/ Christian Zionist? Really? Redistricted in 1980, he's kept that chair warm since being installed. Lots of inbreeding going on in Indiana it appears. His daughter is on payroll, and his brother takes up another chair in another district installed since 1988. Dan's last election boasted 30% support in primaries. He's is up for re election 2012.

Louie Gohmert (TX)- Southern Baptist? Really? 100% unopposed primaries, no contested democrat or libertarian running against him since he parked there post gerrymandering 2004. Tea supported. Up for reelection 2012.
What hateful talk "token black guy " , " inbreeding " , Really?
Who would listen to a potty mouth like you .
Please stop using the law to take our food , clothing and housing . If you are down and out at this time ask us to our faces , we are likely to share .

Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Read The Bill: H.R. 1135 - GovTrack.us

Jim Jordan (OH)- Evangelical Christian? Really? Up for reelection 2012. Tea supported.

Tim Scott (SC)- Evangelical Christian? Really? Token black guy in SC is up for re election 2012. Tea installed.

Scott Garrett (NJ)-'Non-denominational/ Evangelical Christian? Really? Birther. Tea supported. Up for re election 2012.

Dan Burton (IN)- "Non-denominational/ Christian primitivism/ Christian Zionist? Really? Redistricted in 1980, he's kept that chair warm since being installed. Lots of inbreeding going on in Indiana it appears. His daughter is on payroll, and his brother takes up another chair in another district installed since 1988. Dan's last election boasted 30% support in primaries. He's is up for re election 2012.

Louie Gohmert (TX)- Southern Baptist? Really? 100% unopposed primaries, no contested democrat or libertarian running against him since he parked there post gerrymandering 2004. Tea supported. Up for reelection 2012.
Wow - name calling, hate, religious intolerance, sensationalism and racism. I think you've hit all the Lib propaganda accusations.

And it's not stealing when it wasn't your's to begin with.

Painfully obvious why our country can't live within its means.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,302,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Let's mandate that a special tax be levied on all registered Democrats to fund the programs they care so much about. Then we'll see just how broad and deep is the Democrat base.
It is apparently very shallow. Several years ago, here in Massachusetts, there was a ballot initiative to lower the income tax rate from 5.75% to 5.0%. There was such an uproar from the Democrats here that the legislature put in an option for filing that would allow people to continue paying at the former rate simply by checking a box on you tax return. The income tax reduction narrowly passed. The following year a mere .02% of state taxpayers checked the box for the former rate.
Democrats are all for spending other people's money.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So the kids are going to starve? That's disgusting.
Maybe. And maybe then their dirtbag parents will start raising their children. In the meantime, if you're so concerned, feel free to pay for their milk yourself.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Reliable GOP. Trimming the budget by cutting benefits for children and the poor.

Meanwhile, GE pays negative taxes to the tune of $3b...
I'd be the first one to say GE should be paying taxes...but I do wonder how much money they've pumped into the economy in the form of wages and purchases from other companies.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
At the end of the day is there a difference between individual welfare (i.e. benefits) and corporate welfare (i.e. tax breaks)? Is there a difference in the government cutting a $10 check or the government reducing it's income $10?

I mean I, for one, am sure glad that corporate America is spending its tax breaks on overseas, outsourced labor. At least individual welfare benefits are used in THIS COUNTRY.
Proving the complete ignorance of the left with regards to what the Tea Party movement is all about.

We opposed bailouts of corporations from the start. Got it?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,693,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
At the end of the day is there a difference between individual welfare (i.e. benefits) and corporate welfare (i.e. tax breaks)? Is there a difference in the government cutting a $10 check or the government reducing it's income $10?

I mean I, for one, am sure glad that corporate America is spending its tax breaks on overseas, outsourced labor. At least individual welfare benefits are used in THIS COUNTRY.
None of the tbaggers have the spheres to talk like this about their corporate bosses. Personally, I dont support either type of handout but when they cut from the poor AND at the same time give corporations breaks, it stinks.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,411,061 times
Christianity is about helping people in need. It is NOT about holding a gun to your neighbor and demanding they give money to you so you can help those in need.... that is liberalism.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,280,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Tell the parents to GET A JOB and pay for their childs needs.

It is the full responsibility of a parent to house, feed and cloth their OWN CHILD.

I do for mine and they should also.

You cannot steal something that is not yours because you NEVER PAID FOR IT to begin with.

30% of our kids in high school at our school get free lunch, why?

Why should I pay for a 16 year olds free lunch?

Time to EARN your keep. The message is clear, no more handouts. Force the bums to earn their child's needs.

No more STEALING FROM US TAXPAYERS to feed loser parents who wont earn the money to feed their own kids.

Probably should read, "parents who have the money & choose to spend it on luxuries such as video games, expensive gym shoes, purses & iphones & itunes for their kids & themselves rather than lunch money because they know someone else will pay for that!" (That's what I see 99% of the time.)

Last edited by maja; 03-31-2011 at 08:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies