Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

liberals always want to tax the rich, and while it seems good on the surface, it is in reality a bad idea because the rich DONT PAY TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!! they find a way to get others to pay the taxes for them by raising prices, putting money away where the government cant get to it, or cutting the workforce. it is the same thing with corporations, they pass the costs along to everyone else. the rich work to earn evey thing they have, and they are going to protect their assets as best they can.

i agree with getting rid of the lobbyists though, that has truly been a disaster for the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 04:25 PM

683 posts, read 825,309 times
This from some of the people who were partly responsible for the global financial virus....
Blankfein Received $27.2 Million From Goldman Funds in 2010 - Bloomberg

Did any of you catch the story on how the Republicans are quietly working to repeal the puny, anemic Wall Street reform bill???

Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 PM

561 posts, read 505,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
I agree with getting rid of the lobbyists though, that has truly been a disaster for the country.
Yeah, lets get rid of that pesky constitution while we're at it.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM

561 posts, read 505,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Did any of you catch the story on how the Republicans are quietly working to repeal the puny, anemic Wall Street reform bill?
I caught it, and I support it.

Wall Street didn't cause the financial meltdown. Misguided, wrong-headed, do-good, Washington politicians did.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
This from some of the people who were partly responsible for the global financial virus....
Blankfein Received $27.2 Million From Goldman Funds in 2010 - Bloomberg

Did any of you catch the story on how the Republicans are quietly working to repeal the puny, anemic Wall Street reform bill???
Feign outrage much? Why aren't you posting about how many Goldman Sachs people Obama has on his cabinet? How many run the FED? Didn't that new Chief of Staff of Obama's, you know, the Chicago mayor's brother, come from J.P. Morgan? Where is your outrage on that?

Old 04-01-2011, 04:45 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
sure, I believe that, the teabaggers and GOP "protecting" the less fortunate. Florida Gov. Rick Scott orders immediate 15% cuts to programs for disabled

Gov. Rick Scott: Florida governor orders emergency cuts for programs serving disabled - OrlandoSentinel.com

Quote:
"The state can cut my rates by 15 percent, but I can't cut my staffing 15 percent or I'll be in violation of staffing ratios," Wright added. "This may break our backs."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Under a Democracy, its majority gets what they want and you screw the minority.
under a Representative Republic, which is what we have.. the majority protects the minority.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
I caught it, and I support it.

Wall Street didn't cause the financial meltdown. Misguided, wrong-headed, do-good, Washington politicians did.
One of the most deranged ideas I've ever heard... The politicians are nothing but paid for puppets and/or fellow Wall Street Execs working that revolving door.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Feign outrage much? Why aren't you posting about how many Goldman Sachs people Obama has on his cabinet? How many run the FED? Didn't that new Chief of Staff of Obama's, you know, the Chicago mayor's brother, come from J.P. Morgan? Where is your outrage on that?
I'm with ya! Outraged about all of it... It goes back three to four political generations....

Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Yeah, lets get rid of that pesky constitution while we're at it.
since when have i EVER suggested getting rid of the constitution?

Old 04-01-2011, 06:14 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,695 times
Quote:
As well as a few politicians (red and blues) and we might have a chance of turning this country back to a true democracy... Otherwise, the plutocracy / corporate fascism lives on and we become a third world nation.
What is a "bankster"? Is that an adult term?

You are free to do business with any company you choose, no one is forcing you to consume the products/services of a business you do not like. As a taxpayer, on the other hand I have NO CHOICE regarding public union services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies