Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

If you add it up...

$25 billion taxpayer money is stuck in the stock which isn't high enough for the government to sell and recoup.
$45 billion tax break the USG gave GM.
$14 billion domestic tax break.

That adds up to $84 billion in potential total losses.
When corporates don't pay their taxes the revenue has to come from somewhere else..namely Joe and Jane Mainstreet.

Barack Obama: Losing $84 billion big success - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you add it up...

$25 billion taxpayer money is stuck in the stock which isn't high enough for the government to sell and recoup.

That adds up to $84 billion in potential total losses.
When corporates don't pay their taxes the revenue has to come from somewhere else..namely Joe and Jane Mainstreet.

Barack Obama: Losing $84 billion big success - Washington Times
And the Dems think this bail out was a good idea because.....???

And the Left is against a Free Market where those who can't make it, don't, because....???

And the Progs are supportive of our taxes going to help big corporations because...???

Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Oh shocking, who could have seen this coming? Washington and Corporate America team up to screw America, where have I heard this before?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,782 times
Quote:
... but.. but... but... Uncle Glenn told me that tax breaks to corporations stimulates the economy, creates jobs, and trickles down to the little guy...

Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
... but.. but... but... Uncle Glenn told me that tax breaks to corporations stimulates the economy, creates jobs, and trickles down to the little guy...
Nah. This is your guy who gave them the bail outs.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Tax breaks are a stimulus, but that doesnt mean they dont come at a cost.

I see you are having difficulty figuring out that the thread isnt about Glenn...

Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM

Nice to see conservatives agreeing that tax breaks to corporations shifts the tax burden to the middle class.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Nice to see conservatives agreeing that tax breaks to corporations shifts the tax burden to the middle class.
BZZZ fail again.. tax breaks allow companies to lower the cost of their products and better compete. With lower prices, you LOWER the burden on the middle class.. not raise them..

its a hidden tax, but I'm not amazed to see you supporting policies that are harmful to the very individuals you proclaim to be supporting.. General math is difficult to some I see...

Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Yup..you definitely got the gist of my post. Notice I did not call out any party or elected official (although the article did).

This is a bipartisan "screw the taxpayer" type of post.

No matter if the government "pays" it out or "lends" it out or gives a "credit" the difference has to be made up by us, the taxpayers.

And we get NO say in the matter. We can take down the phone and emails systems in DC when Congress is voting and it means NOTHING to them.

Our government does not work for us anymore; they do not represent the citizens anymore.

The R's and D's are just opposite sides of the SAME BAD COIN.
We lose no matter who is running the show in DC folks.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
BZZZ fail again.. tax breaks allow companies to lower the cost of their products and better compete. With lower prices, you LOWER the burden on the middle class.. not raise them..
Man, you guys are so confusing...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Tax breaks are a stimulus, but that doesnt mean they dont come at a cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies