Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's time to clean up the non-profit industry! If this story is true, Bristol is more of a fraud than I first thought...

Bristol Palin’s Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention

Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500. The group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
Bristol is making hay while the sun shines. She has no skills and consequently has to trade on her notoriety in order to support herself and her child. She also, apparently, has no shame and is a willing participant of a sham charity. She is well on the way to being a future governor of Alaska.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,958,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When liberals are outraged that taxpayer funded Planned Parenthood rakes in millions from conducting abortions compared to what they spend on pregnancy prevention I might give a rat's backside; until then, not so much.
I agree, and it's a million times worse with government money spent on things like this.

I suppose the lib that started this thread just wanted to exploit a hypocrite like Bristol Palin.

My point is that they are on both sides, although the LEFT has a billion more hypocrites than the right.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,296,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
My fellow right wingers. Don't stand for this kind of crap from someone "perceived" to be on the right. If you do, you're just as guilty as the left for doing the same thing. Step up to the plate and act like fully grown women and men.

She shouldn't be getting this kind of paycheck at her age; she's done NOTHING to prove herself to be worthy of this. Crap, I've worked my entire life, and very HARD to boot. I'm almost 50, and I've done so many more things that are good for the community than her it is indescribable.

However, since she is Sarah Palin's Daughter she is worth this?

Can you see the hypocrisy in this?

Be objective my friends. Please be OBJECTIVE. There are greedy people on both the left and right, that's all I'm saying.
When did you appear on Dancing With the Stars?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,280,879 times
Did tax dollars fund this NPO?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,221,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If you don't see the difference between being the CEO of an organization made up of thousands of employees (including doctors, nurses, etc) and a small organization, then you're crazy. Not that the $1 million paycheck is warranted (in my mind) but is significantly less than the CEO could command in the private sector and is in line with other major nonprofits (ie the American Cancer Society)

Managing a large nonprofit is more like running a large business than a small charity.
You didnt answer my question..

How much taxpayer money went into Palins non profit? If you dont see the difference between taxpayer money and non taxpayer money.. YOU are the crazy one..

The fact that her "employer" is a non-profit, doesnt mean she isnt entitled to a paycheck and she doesnt pay taxes on it.. Do I think its excessive? It sounds it, but its not my organization nor my money to have a say.. What makes you qualified?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,280,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

How much taxpayer money went into Palins non profit? If you dont see the difference between taxpayer money and non taxpayer money.. YOU are the crazy one..

The fact that her "employer" is a non-profit, doesnt mean she isnt entitled to a paycheck and she doesnt pay taxes on it.. Do I think its excessive? It sounds it, but its not my organization nor my money to have a say.. What makes you qualified?
Unless anyone contributed to the NPO and is unhappy about the grants/donations (what was the qualification for getting a grant/donation?) no one has anything to say.

Shoot, it's not like the NPR that pays 6 figures to more than one "employee" and is NOT completely an NPO as it DOES get tax dollars - no matter how they want to sit on and spin the truth.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,231,488 times
Bristol Palin’s Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's time to clean up the non-profit industry! If this story is true, Bristol is more of a fraud than I first thought...

Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500. The group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
Heh... ! ! !

It's the price of fame. Bristol can thank the hate spewing leftards for the benefits.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Wow the blogosphere is certainly fired up on the Palins tonight.
Reality check: Candie's Foundation is not a grant giving foundation, in other words they do not give money out for teen pregnancy prevention. The service they provide is one in which the message to teens to not get pregnant is promulgated. Bristol Palin was hired to do just that.
Who was it who once said: "A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth has achance to get it's pants on"?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 PM

161 posts, read 246,980 times
If ANYBODY does not find this concerning and unethical I have to seriously question their moral integrity.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,617,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Do you have a link to the tax filing or funding information? So do you have an issues with Rutgers paying Snookie $32,000 to speak?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies