Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:00 PM

683 posts, read 824,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

How long before the middle class AND the teabaggers direct their anger in the right direction, AT WALL STREET, THE BANKS AND BIG BUSINESS instead of each other?
That my friend is the million, er wait, billion, I mean trillion dollar question that I ask myself and others almost every day..... Focus on what unites, not what divides....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
That my friend is the million, er wait, billion, I mean trillion dollar question that I ask myself and others almost every day..... Focus on what unites, not what divides....

Unfortunately everyone is too wrapped up with what Charlie Sheen is doing or who got voted off of American Idol last night.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:57 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Unfortunately everyone is too wrapped up with what Charlie Sheen is doing or who got voted off of American Idol last night.
or too afraid to admit they have been duped by the uber wealthy's propaganda machine into doing their bidding.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
or too afraid to admit they have been duped by the uber wealthy's propaganda machine into doing their bidding.

yep!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:37 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default The "Knowest Not What Thou Blabberist Blokes" Are At It Yet Again !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Maybe you missed it but the Tea Party was furious about the bank bailouts. Sorry that doesn't help you with your misdirected assumptions, but thought you should be introduced to a fact or two.
TXboomerang !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed Mate your last sentence speaks volumes regarding the unprecedented foolishness of those blighters who continue to ignore the "Facts" about the "Taxed Enough Already Organization" and their stance on political issues !

Bother such duff as those blokes whats to bonkers to acknowledge the rest of the story before opening their bloody cakeholes !

Ta / Ole Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-08-2011, 06:45 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Maybe you missed it but the Tea Party was furious about the bank bailouts. Sorry that doesn't help you with your misdirected assumptions, but thought you should be introduced to a fact or two.
That was back at the beginning of the movement where I had a lot of common ground with the Tea Party. Then Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck co-opted the movement into the GOP and now it's sadly become a group of corporate partisan hacks. The movement started with noble aims, downsizing our massive government, and now it's involved in all sorts of "culture" wars and such. Now it's just an astroturf corporatist movement.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 AM

683 posts, read 824,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
That was back at the beginning of the movement where I had a lot of common ground with the Tea Party. Then Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck co-opted the movement into the GOP and now it's sadly become a group of corporate partisan hacks. The movement started with noble aims, downsizing our massive government, and now it's involved in all sorts of "culture" wars and such. Now it's just an astroturf corporatist movement.
100% Right on with that!!! Hijacked and misdirected to do the bidding of the corporate fascist puppet masters...

What does the current Tea Party have to say about revolting against the Wall Street gambling junkie crooks who created the global recession / opression???

Old 04-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
100% Right on with that!!! Hijacked and misdirected to do the bidding of the corporate fascist puppet masters...

What does the current Tea Party have to say about revolting against the Wall Street gambling junkie crooks who created the global recession / opression???
I think this post is a must read for everyone, it was much more than wall street gamblers...

//www.city-data.com/forum/18654763-post15.html

Old 04-09-2011, 03:20 PM

442 posts, read 553,035 times
Quote:
I think the difference is how to fix the mess. teabaggers want to cut the size of governments and do more tax cuts whereas, speaking for myself, I'd like to see taxes raised on the top quintile. I'd also remove the income cap on FICA. Spending isn't the problem, this Starve the Beast mentality is the problem. How can companies like GE owe no federal taxes? Can anyone honestly say our military didn't protect their interests abroad and they don't owe us a dime?

i think both sides need to quit throwing bombs at each other and think about who really caused this mess. It really isn't the middle class, union or non union. It is in the laps of the big banks and the big multinational corporations that are always creating these financial crisis's as a means to loot the treasury.

If we needed to hand them Trillions of dollars to bailout and stabilize the markets, where are those missing trillions, that we had to REPLACE? AND where did the trillions of dollars we handed the banks and corporations go? WHERE DID ALL THAT MONEY GO? Finally, I wonder why it is such a crisis when corporate America and we need to bail them out, but the same corporations sit on their hordes of loot when they declare the nation has a debt crisis that has to be address now. Why does it fall to the middle class to fix the aftermath of their excesses.

How long before the middle class AND the teabaggers direct their anger in the right direction, AT WALL STREET, THE BANKS AND BIG BUSINESS instead of each other?
You are right on the money.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:55 PM

thanks, do read the link in post #38. That is the problem in a nutshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
You are right on the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies