Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times

Advertisements

Washington Post and CBS | Obamacare slush fund | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Quote:
Two mainstream news organizations are receiving hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars from Obamacare’s Early Retiree Reinsurance Program (ERRP) — a $5 billion grant program that’s doling out cash to companies, states and labor unions in what the Obama administration considers an effort to pay for health insurance for early retirees. The Washington Post Company raked in $573,217 in taxpayer subsidies and CBS Corporation secured $722,388 worth of Americans’ money.[LEFT]
Read more: Washington Post and CBS | Obamacare slush fund | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
[/LEFT]
Kinda like the corporations that were reported to get a lot of money too. But, that's okay you great "watchdog" media outlets out there, you dont have to report it to the American people. Im sure its just none of their damn business now right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
And why is it the taxpayers' responsibility to pay for the early retirement of employees at the Washington Post and CBS?

This is a major WTF moment.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
And why is it the taxpayers' responsibility to pay for the early retirement of employees at the Washington Post and CBS?

This is a major WTF moment.
It isnt just them. Another post from a day or so ago showed billions going to a couple corporations, I believe for retirement benefits also.

But this will disappear quickly from the first page and wont be reported on by the media. So typical but the liberal agenda comes first before truth in our society now a days.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:17 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,841 times
How is it that all of you are just hearing about this now? Did you not read about the details of the health reform act when it was being passed? It's odd that you guys have your panties in such a bunch about healthcare reform, but couldn't be bothered to educate yourselves.

Half of the fortune 500 companies have applied for this program. The goal of healthcare reform is to give coverage for most everyone. One big gaping hole was people who retire early and aren't yet eligible for Medicare. Insurance companies aren't usually scrambling to insure this group. The subsidy is meant to act as a stop gap until the other changes in health reform kick in.

I'm sure you guys know all of the above since you're so well informed and all.

They make these things called newspapers and search engines folks. You have the internet already and thus reading them is free. I'd suggest you try it sometime.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:22 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
How is it that all of you are just hearing about this now? Did you not read about the details of the health reform act when it was being passed? It's odd that you guys have your panties in such a bunch about healthcare reform, but couldn't be bothered to educate yourselves.

Half of the fortune 500 companies have applied for this program. The goal of healthcare reform is to give coverage for most everyone. One big gaping hole was people who retire early and aren't yet eligible for Medicare. Insurance companies aren't usually scrambling to insure this group. The subsidy is meant to act as a stop gap until the other changes in health reform kick in.

I'm sure you guys know all of the above since you're so well informed and all.

They make these things called newspapers and search engines folks. You have the internet already and thus reading them is free. I'd suggest you try it sometime.
You act as though it wasn't written by lawyers for lawyers and some 2000 pages long.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Almost every major newspaper in the country did a breakdown of it. As I noted, Google is free. Wikipedia is also free. Most people are too lazy to bother I guess.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Almost every major newspaper in the country did a breakdown of it. As I noted, Google is free. Wikipedia is also free. Most people are too lazy to bother I guess.
So you think the American people are aware that ObamaCare gave billions to corporations and media outlets for people who arent working?

Sorry but I dont think most were aware of that. But hey, the more we learn about this, the more we hate the bill.

Remember, Pelosi said they had to pass it for us to know what's in it.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
You act though it was up for discussion before it was passed.
Even Nancy Pelosi was unaware of it's content and I'm willing to bet many others who voted on it were as well.
You look foolish continuing to provide cover for criminals.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Criminals? Who are you talking about and what crimes have they committed? Please enlighten me.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Over 2,000 pages of legalese and you feel the public should read and accept a breakdown/synopsis written up in a newspaper -- or worse yet -- Wikipedia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies