Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Why are men having the right to vote on this issue??? That is the real question. You don't get to vote in elections for a country you aren't a citizen of, why should we let someone who can never carry a child inside them take part in the decision making.
because
1. it takes 2 to tango.

2. because even if you don't involve the man, the man MAY be involved with both you and the child for the next 18 years or so, this reminding you each and every time depending on one road taken.

3. AND if the person was a "legal resident" for a short time, so they would get to vote during that time of residency.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
First let me start with, if you want an abortion, go get one....BUT, I ask, if an Abortion wasn't so easy to obtain, would we really have all the people getting pregnant that do?

If abortion was ONLY available if you had to pay for it, what would the result be?

When a woman says she wants an abortion because she doesn't want to go through with it, have a kid, suffer the pain etc etc, and the man doesn't, she gets her way, and he get's spit on for being (Pick one- arrogant, selfish, etc etc). But if the man wants an abortion because he doesn't want to be stuck for 18 years of support etc etc, and the woman wants to keep the baby, he get's spit on for being (pick one - selfish, arrogant etc etc).

So, no matter what the man wants he's wrong, and no matter what the woman wants, she's right, and if he slipped on a glove, (most of the time since it's not 100% effective), or some other birth control measures were taken, then for the most part this conversation, and MOST of this thread wouldn't exist.
Why is it assumed that abortions are never paid for by the individual and that abortions are preformed only for the poor and unwed.
Im not sure what if any other government agencies pay for abortions besides Planned parenthood, but only 3% of their funding pays for abortions. If that’s it, it is not alot.

I know that a mans role of accepting the invitation to deposit his seed in a woman’s body is a great sacrifice but it is the woman who is ultimately responsible for the child and her life that is forever transformed.
Dont believe it is only the man that labeled either. If she aborts, she is a baby killer, if she keeps the child she is a welfare ho, if she gives it up for adoption she is just a regular unfit ho.

We need to work on artificial wombs so if the man wants the baby, the fertilized egg can be harvested and transplanted and we need laws allowing the "father" to permanently sever any ties with an unborn child he doesn’t want if he is not married to the mother and she insist on carrying to term.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Now would someone explain why aborting a fetus conceived of rape and/or incest is ok, but not a fetus conceived of consensual sex?
Still waiting also...

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No. It is perfectly reasonable to kill an adult who was the product of a rape. There is no hypocrisy there.
You seem to Be in the wrong thread. This is about incomplete, unborn, unformed humans being unable to survive outside their host and the hosts right to remove the incomplete human from their body. Nothing about killing adults who came from rape.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:38 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have see repetedly the pro abortionist arguement is really about killing others
It's the same argument people put forth for the death penalty when people convicted of capital crimes.

It's the same argument people put forth to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

It's the same argument the police put forth when a assailent approaches them with a gun or a knife.

It's the same argument the legislature in Arizona put forth when they decided not to fund transplant surgery that resulted in two people dying.

So what's your point?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes .... and the 1.6 Million aborted babies didn't fare to well last year either. Did they ask for or have any say?
They have no say!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
First let me start with, if you want an abortion, go get one..

BUT, I ask, if an Abortion wasn't so easy to obtain, would we really have all the people getting pregnant that do?

If abortion was ONLY available if you had to pay for it, what would the result be?

When a woman says she wants an abortion because she doesn't want to go through with it, have a kid, suffer the pain etc etc, and the man doesn't, she gets her way, and he get's spit on for being (Pick one- arrogant, selfish, etc etc). But if the man wants an abortion because he doesn't want to be stuck for 18 years of support etc etc, and the woman wants to keep the baby, he get's spit on for being (pick one - selfish, arrogant etc etc).

So, no matter what the man wants he's wrong, and no matter what the woman wants, she's right, and if he slipped on a glove, (most of the time since it's not 100% effective), or some other birth control measures were taken, then for the most part this conversation, and MOST of this thread wouldn't exist.

Who do you think is paying for abortions? Every woman I know who has had an abortion paid for it herself, either with her own money, or in conjunction with the father who also didn't want this child.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
because
1. it takes 2 to tango.

2. because even if you don't involve the man, the man MAY be involved with both you and the child for the next 18 years or so, this reminding you each and every time depending on one road taken.

3. AND if the person was a "legal resident" for a short time, so they would get to vote during that time of residency.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! There's a REALLY funny picture going on in the theatre of my mind right now.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would like to bring this excuse into a discussion.
In my mind it was your body when you allowed a man to put his seed into your body. We all know what happens next, you will either skate on by or become pregnant. IF you allow this to happen to YOUR body and become pregnant, there are 2 extra people that have dibs on your body. One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
Everyone thinks differently about these situations. I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep over having an abortion. A fetus at three months is not a person to me. And what goes on in my womb is my business and nobody else's. It's just not up for discussion. But again, I have never ever gotten pregnant, I've always been diligent about taking my birth control pills. But... if I ever got pregnant, I would definitely get an abortion.

I also am very confident that there is no god. I am 100% sure about this.

And in many part of the world especially in third world countries, nobody gets very wound up over miscarriages and abortions. Especially couples without access to birth control and who ended up with more children than they can take care of.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You want to eliminate the father until it comes to child support
The reason a man should pay child support is because he chose to stick it in there. Once you do that you have rolled the dice. There are consequences for everything we do in life. If you think an abortion is taking the easy way out you are mistaken. Sometimes we make difficult choices in order to survive. It has nothing to do with why women should Not be forced to remain pregnant with something that is USING her body to develop. The two are completely separate issues.

Last edited by Taboo2; 04-12-2011 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies