Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You may as well use World Nut Daily to back up your claims.
LOL! The main thing I noticed about that 'source' was that there was no author listed and no listing of sources for the 'info' used in the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Painting a boys toenails pink makes them gay. Absolute genius! Why didn't I think of that before??? Whoever came up with this one deserves a nobel prize for one of the most significant medical breakthroughs of the century!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Well, I hope so. Did you ever stick up for yourself, I mean like in real life?
There are many ways to 'stick up for oneself' and most of them don't involve making the other person 'eat dirt'. Within a school setting, that would involve reporting it to a teacher or other adult 'authority figure'.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
being homosexual isn't chosen and has nothing to do with belonging to a political party. and homosexuality IS normal for those of us born homosexual. No effort is required to 'normalize' something we're born with.
Normal for less than 3% of US's population, not normal for the other 97+%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
There are many ways to 'stick up for oneself' and most of them don't involve making the other person 'eat dirt'. Within a school setting, that would involve reporting it to a teacher or other adult 'authority figure'.
Maybe, my way worked. Worked for my son too. Bullies will harm as long as they are allowed.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
So, are you saying that homosexuals aren't human beings? Sorry, but that is simply WRONG. The ONLY difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality is that the first is attracted to their own sex and the second is attracted to the opposite sex. BOTH are human beings!
As for sexual behavior, in my lifetime I have seen much worse behavior from heterosexuals than I ever saw from homosexuals.'

Oh for pete's sake, ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! Is reading comprehension THAT much of a challenge?

Heterosexuals and homosexuals are BOTH HUMAN BEINGS AND ARE EQUAL AS SUCH.

Heterosexuality and homosexuality are BEHAVIORS stemming from a variety of causes, for most, a genuine biological urge and not a "choice." However, they are not the "same" or "equal" in terms of normalcy. Heterosexuality is normative physiology, while homosexuality is non-normative physiology. Note I do not make distinctions for mental or psychological health -- am not saying that homosexuals are nuts.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 AM

37,977 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
being homosexual isn't chosen and has nothing to do with belonging to a political party. and homosexuality IS normal for those of us born homosexual. No effort is required to 'normalize' something we're born with.
Sort of like being blind is normal to the person who was born blind.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Painting a boys toenails pink makes them gay. Absolute genius! Why didn't I think of that before??? Whoever came up with this one deserves a nobel prize for one of the most significant medical breakthroughs of the century!!!!!
Maybe those church groups wasting time attempting to 'pray away the gay' should just start hog-tying gays and painting their nails black, that oughta do it.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh for pete's sake, ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! Is reading comprehension THAT much of a challenge?

Heterosexuals and homosexuals are BOTH HUMAN BEINGS AND ARE EQUAL AS SUCH.

Heterosexuality and homosexuality are BEHAVIORS stemming from a variety of causes, for most, a genuine biological urge and not a "choice." However, they are not the "same" or "equal" in terms of normalcy. Heterosexuality is normative physiology, while homosexuality is non-normative physiology. Note I do not make distinctions for mental or psychological health -- am not saying that homosexuals are nuts.
The underlined just illustrates that, despite the time you spend on this forum, in these specific threads, you really have no understanding of just what homosexuality is. Sexual orientation does not have anything whatsoever to do with behavior. A gay man who lives his entire life without ever engaging in sex of any kind is still a gay man when he dies at the age of 100. Just as a straight female who lives her entire life as a virgin is still a heterosexual woman when she dies at the age of 99.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
The underlined just illustrates that, despite the time you spend on this forum, in these specific threads, you really have no understanding of just what homosexuality is.
And because it's not normal, we won't ever know, nor do/would we want to.

You can believe what you want to, but I don't have to.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
The underlined just illustrates that, despite the time you spend on this forum, in these specific threads, you really have no understanding of just what homosexuality is. Sexual orientation does not have anything whatsoever to do with behavior. A gay man who lives his entire life without ever engaging in sex of any kind is still a gay man when he dies at the age of 100. Just as a straight female who lives her entire life as a virgin is still a heterosexual woman when she dies at the age of 99.
I suspect that most gays do engage in behaviors, but, be that as it may, feel free to substitute "desires" for "behaviors" as it does not change the meaning of my point in any significant way.

I don't learn about homosexuality on this forum, thankfully! I have other, more reliable sources. I have family and friends who are homosexual. There are those on this forum who consistently and relentlessly try to equate non acceptance of homosexuality as hatred of all gay people. I know why they do it -- it's the equivalent of a small child throwing a tantrum and hoping others will listen and give in. But adults should be able to discuss things on a higher level.

It is possible to love, respect, and value a homosexual person and still NOT accept homosexuality as a biological/physiological normal process.

We do not tell blind people "your blindness is normal." We do not tell infertile people "your infertility is normal." We do not tell those with lupus "it's perfectly normal for the body to attack itself in an autoimmune disease." In short, we do not tell lies. Instead, we love the person and hope to help them cope with the hand they've been dealt.

Homosexuality has a history of persecution, often resulting in death. I understand to some extent this frenzy to get it accepted as "normal" but it will never really work. It would be better to be truthful about it as a condition that is NOT the physiologic norm, and go about folding gays into the rest of society as much as possible. After all, we keep hearing about how sexuality is "not all we are." So let it be a part of who you are -- a part that, unfortunately, did not develop correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies