Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Nobody who was in his supposed class at Columbia even remembers him being there.
FAIL. Another birther lie - that will be repeated even after evidence like the below is presented:

Alumni Corner | Columbia College Today
By Phil Boerner ’84
I was Barack Obama ’83’s roommate at Columbia College in fall 1981. I met him in 1979, when we were freshmen at Occidental College (Oxy) in Los Angeles and our dorm rooms were directly opposite each other. We both transferred from Oxy to Columbia in fall 1981. Barack had found an apartment on West 109th Street, between Amsterdam and Columbus, and suggested that I room with him. Our sublet was a third-story walk-up in a so-so neighborhood; the unit next door was burned out and vacant. The doorbell didn’t work; to be let in when I first arrived I had to yell up to Barack from the street.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh
Nobody who was in his supposed class at Columbia even remembers him being there.
This is the source of that allegation: (excerpts) - from a white student who only hung out with white students and avoided blacks.

Wayne Allyn Root's Million-Dollar Challenge - Reason Magazine
Wayne Allyn Root: I think the most dangerous thing you should know about Barack Obama is that I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever!

Welch: Yeah, but you were like selling, you know, Amway in college or something, weren't you?

Root: Is that what you think of me! And the best damned Amway salesman ever!

Tim Cavanaugh: Maybe he was a late bloomer.

Root: Maybe. Or maybe he was involved in some sort of black radical politics.

Welch: Ooooooooooh.

Root: Maybe he was too busy smoking pot in his dorm room to ever show up for class. I don't know what he was doing!

Root: Don't have any theories. I don't know. Don't know why. Kept to himself.... The only thing I could even imagine is that he talks in his biographies about being, you know, his identity crisis, his "am I black or am I white?" He chose black. And he hung out with a couple of black kids and never went near anybody and his wife? That's the only thing I can think of. All my buddies are white, what can I tell you! They don't know him, nobody's ever seen him, I don't know what to tell you.

Other guy: That's the era.

Root: That's the era. I mean, when I went to Columbia, the black kids were all at like tables going "Black Power!" We used to walk by and go, "What the hell are they talking about." And they didn't associate with us and we didn't associate with them. So if you track down a couple of black students, they'll probably know him. But nobody white's ever heard of this guy.

- Here's a white guy who remembers him:
By Phil Boerner ’84
I was Barack Obama ’83’s roommate at Columbia College in fall 1981.
http://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/.../alumni_corner

Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Man, you guys just keep dredging this crap up, doncha?

Why don't you get a hobby, like reading a book.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,929 times
Quote:
Let's face it. Even those that try to proof Obama is a legitimate president can't. It isn't just the birth certificate. It is even the education! Nobody who was in his supposed class at Columbia even remembers him being there. Of course he won't release those records EITHER (probably because they don't exist).
You could possibly save some face if you admit that it is an edit and that you didn't know that when you posted the video.

You could do that and still hate the President.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:45 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,155 times
I'm always amazed some people are so dumb they actually believe they obviously edited & faked videos.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:51 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I'm always amazed some people are so dumb they actually believe they obviously edited & faked videos.

I understand the I hate Obama crowd, but this takes the hatery to a new and idiotic level.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Let's face it. Even those that try to proof Obama is a legitimate president can't. It isn't just the birth certificate. It is even the education! Nobody who was in his supposed class at Columbia even remembers him being there. Of course he won't release those records EITHER (probably because they don't exist).
LIE!

Obama at Columbia University | FactCheck.org

Did Barack Obama Actually Attend Columbia? - Taking Liberties - CBS News

snopes.com: Barack Obama at Columbia

Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
It is amazing that the world's foremost investigative bureaus, The FBI and the CIA, can not confirm or deny whether Obama is an American-born citizen.

This is due to the fact that the FBI and CIA are totally in Kenya's pocket. Kenya OWNS the FBI and the CIA. Kenya is like communist Russia only sneakier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies