Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
the problem is this;

The AZ Legislature may direct the Secretary of State to evaluate the other-state laws governing issuance of various documents against some standard, to determine whether those documents adequately prove natural-born citizenship. For instance, Hawai’ian law provides for a HI birth certificate to be issued even if the child was not born in HI:
[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

As for full faith and credit, concealed carry laws and gay marriage don't abide.
What's more important than the qualifications of the POTUS?
Yes, well, Pennsylvania allows for that, too. Last summer, when this was a hot "birther" issue (there's always something) I did some research and it is the case in most other states as well. You could do a search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My PA birth certificate, issued in 1965 for a birth in 1949, is a short form. I just googled ordering a PA birth certificate, and look what I found:

Birth Certificates

"This service is not available for the following requests:

Birth occurred in another country and registered in Pennsylvania."

Only in Hawaii, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 03:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,974,009 times
PANDERING on the part of AZ Repubs, simple as that.
Casper

Old 04-19-2011, 03:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,585,720 times
Quote:
Yes, well, Pennsylvania allows for that, too. Last summer, when this was a hot "birther" issue (there's always something) I did some research and it is the case in most other states as well. You could do a search.
I will do that - what other states, of the 57, did he say he was born in?

I read this morning that Brewer vetoed it.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I will do that - what other states, of the 57, did he say he was born in?

I read this morning that Brewer vetoed it.
Aren't you funny, not! He was born in Hawaii. I just brought that up b/c birthers post this stuff from HI as if NO OTHER STATE has these same provisions.

BTW, do you think the founding fathers elimiated slavery or that Lexington and Concord are in NH?

Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,585,720 times
Quote:
Aren't you funny, not! He was born in Hawaii. I just brought that up b/c birthers post this stuff from HI as if NO OTHER STATE has these same provisions.

BTW, do you think the founding fathers elimiated slavery or that Lexington and Concord are in NH?
off topic and out of focus
Why do you think the founders emphasized "natural born citizen" as a requisite for the POTUS - the only position of our government that requires that litmus. Do you see a difference tween naturalized and natural born?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
off topic and out of focus
Why do you think the founders emphasized "natural born citizen" as a requisite for the POTUS - the only position of our government that requires that litmus. Do you see a difference tween naturalized and natural born?
Possibly, to keep Alexander Hamilton from being president. He was born in the West Indies.

Ah, yes, those high-minded Founding Fathers.

Does John McCain Have an Alexander Hamilton Problem? A Constitutional Challenge May Loom Over McCain’s Eligibility for <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">President</b> « JONATHAN TURLEY

A strong argument can be made that the Framers considered natural born to refer to a birth on U.S. soil. Indeed, Alexander Hamilton was viewed as ineligible due to his birth in the West Indies. It has often been suggested that the provision was written in part to block Hamilton by his detractors — though this may be apocryphal.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:33 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,492,813 times
Quote:
Do you see a difference tween naturalized and natural born?
yes, i do see a difference. to be naturalized requires going through a naturalization process. to be born in this country (natural born) does not require such a procedure.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,282,618 times
Quote:
the problem is this;
[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

birthers love to omit this little fact at the bottom of the this Statute

[L 1982, c 182, §1]

^^^ see that .. 1982 THAT's when that Statute went into effect.. 21 years after Obama was born.

See that statute yourself:
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscur...-0017_0008.HTM

When you want to REPEAT long debunked birther claims word for word, you may want to ACTUALLY READ THE FREAKING STATUTE THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO USE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIMS.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,282,618 times
hmm silence from the birthers on the fact that they use a statute passed in 1982 to justify their claims that anyone could register a birth and get a COLB in Hawaii?

wonder why is that?

Old 04-20-2011, 06:04 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Weigel : Birther Bill Passes Arizona Senate

AZ should change it's motto to the "Cuckoo state"
If I had my choice Id give them to Mexico. Good riddance racist low life's. By the way Obama didn't need them in 2008. Want need them in 2012. Hey AZ racist your time is dead. HA HA the 1950s are gone forever. You will die knowing that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies