Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:00 AM

131 posts, read 172,218 times

Advertisements

I was in the car the other day and ran across one of those radio talk shows that says President Obama only caters to African Americans and his approval rating were 94% black and only 6% was white. (47% approval waiting). and that black people are trying to run America since his presidency

I was quite disturbed by the comments because I believe that Obama hasn't really did anything for us, yes social programs are directed towards low income individuals but they benefit all low income Americans. So i don't think this is justifiable.
I have a good income, live in a good neighborhood, and pay my taxes and I don't have any high mind because my president is black .. i go by my daily life so i can pay the bills and enjoy my lifestyle like any other white Asian Latino and black on my street.

I know this question is long but what do you guys think about this remark? I want true opinions because I feel this how most far right conservative think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:01 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,705 times
Trollin

Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Trollin
Not necessarily, I think that there are quite few folks who think that Obama is doing something special for African Americans and I would be more than interested to read how they come to such a conclusion.

I say give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
I don't think Obama caters to Americans period.

He caters far more to illegals, he's not doing much for Americans of any race if they want to work. Look at his latest actions with the truckdriving jobs, he's doing all he can to put American truck drivers out of work and insists on bringing cheap foreign truck drivers.

Obama is for the elites who want their ultra cheap labor. He's no more for working taxpaying American blacks than he is for working taxpaying American whites.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM

131 posts, read 172,218 times
what is trollin?? -->excuse me

Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM

165 posts, read 588,808 times
I don't feel he caters to African Americans either. He took on an extremely tough job that I don't know who in their right mind would of wanted with the way the country was at the time he ran and took office. His campaign speeches were amazing. I remember him saying he would bring jobs back to the US instead of outsourcing to other countries. That was huge to me. However, I don't see it happening.

He has two years to get my vote, cause right now, I would never vote him back in for another 4 years of alot of great talk and alot of very little action.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAS PRICES BEFORE WHAT LITTLE RECOVERY WE HAVE GOES AWAY!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE, IM BEGGING!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think Obama caters to Americans period.

He caters far more to illegals, he's not doing much for Americans of any race if they want to work. Look at his latest actions with the truckdriving jobs, he's doing all he can to put American truck drivers out of work and insists on bringing cheap foreign truck drivers.

Obama is for the elites who want their ultra cheap labor. He's no more for working taxpaying American blacks than he is for working taxpaying American whites.

Exactly...

Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 AM

146 posts, read 250,135 times
I believe that right wing conservatives have finally found a reason to pull the race card more often and during a discussion where race is irrelevant than we black people have. Barack Obama is not Al Sharpton or Farrakhan. If his approval is higher among black people that is because the black population finally have a president we can identify with. For better or worse. I don't agree with everything Obama does. I'm especially disappointed in his foreign policy and how he spent wasted the 1st 2 years of his presidency trying to win over and appease a Congress determined not to cooperate with him. Trust me he has done NOTHING for the Black community aside from being positive symbol outside of the entertainers, athletes and criminals that usually represent black people in popular culture. He isn't trying to sign any reparation bills, build any new school in the ghetto, or do anything that will specifically help black people exclusively. He and Michelle will just pose on the Cover of Ebony, give a bang up speech in February and that's about it...

Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
I was in the car the other day and ran across one of those radio talk shows that says President Obama only caters to African Americans and his approval rating were 94% black and only 6% was white. (47% approval waiting). and that black people are trying to run America since his presidency

I was quite disturbed by the comments because I believe that Obama hasn't really did anything for us, yes social programs are directed towards low income individuals but they benefit all low income Americans. So i don't think this is justifiable.
I have a good income, live in a good neighborhood, and pay my taxes and I don't have any high mind because my president is black .. i go by my daily life so i can pay the bills and enjoy my lifestyle like any other white Asian Latino and black on my street.

I know this question is long but what do you guys think about this remark? I want true opinions because I feel this how most far right conservative think?
I don't think Obama has done much of anything for African Americans. Does that make me "far right"?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Exactly...
This unfortunately is typical Obama tactics: and to hell with black American truck drivers, white American truck drivers and to hell with all American taxpayers. To hell with jobs for Americans.

U.S. taxpayers foot the bill to upgrade Mexican truck emissions - San Diego County Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Adding insult to injury -- American taxpayers get to pay for this. Never mind that Americans face high unemployment rates. Obama does not give a damn about jobs for Americans.

Now that the Obama Administration has okayed the Mexican trucking industries to do business in America, pesky environmentalists want those trucks to operate within U.S. standards. Lucky for the Mexican truckers, the U.S. taxpayer will pick up the tab to upgrade foreign-owned trucks ensuring their emissions meet environmental standards.

What has Obama ever done for the American people???? The bailouts went to the elite, the bankers and international corporations. Obama id doing everything he can to guarantee the elites they will have unlimited cheap labor and he will have the American taxpayer pay for it, subsidize it.

Obama is not for the American people, only a fool could believe is he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies