Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Love The U.S.A.
Yes 89 65.44%
No 33 24.26%
Maybe 11 8.09%
Where is the U.S.A.? 3 2.21%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Of course i do, and i pride myself on being an American. If you have traveled abroard, you enjoy it, and each cuture of the land you visit. However, i have to say, always so glad to be back home to America.

Because as of the many of you who seem to think we lost some of what we had, talk to those in Libya, in Egypt, did we have it as bad as they. No hell no.

No Country was founded on being perfect, my gosh, people are not! But i proudly wear my American heritage, and proudly fly our American Flag. For those of you who have a problem with this Country, your more then free to leave, so leave!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
I love the freedoms that this country provides, the opportunities that it provides, the diversity of it, and the geography of it for sure. I love that I can speak freely about something and not be suppressed by secret police, and I love that we can enact change peacefully. I'm not even a citizen and I think this.

That said I do not have blind patriotism or nationalism either. I don't think everything is hunky-dory in this country, but the good news is that there are mechanisms (which I love, as outlined above) to fix that.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I love the freedoms that this country provides, the opportunities that it provides, the diversity of it, and the geography of it for sure. I love that I can speak freely about something and not be suppressed by secret police, and I love that we can enact change peacefully. I'm not even a citizen and I think this.

That said I do not have blind patriotism or nationalism either. I don't think everything is hunky-dory in this country, but the good news is that there are mechanisms (which I love, as outlined above) to fix that.
If we're talking geography, I do love that aspect of this country. It truly has everything. We petty much have every possible climate somewhere within the 50 states.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I love my country, served for it, and work hard to save it from the idiotic two parties we have in power today.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Such wit.

Such an Intellect.

The Mexicans where here long before any of us immigrants.

I really love the UnBrain Washed.

Very telling.

So clean. Nothing like a good detergent.

Keep posting and keep us straight.

Atlas Shrugged and the world fell off of it's spindle, so to speak.
No, the Spanish (not Mexicans) were here long before any of us immigrants. To be even more technically correct, the Indians ("Native Americans") were here before the Spanish.

BTW, I am not "any of us immigrants" because I was born in the U.S. As were my parents.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Hard times for many these days.

Have we forgotten the good many thing our country stands for?

Do you Love the U.S.A.?
Good questions and well phrased. Hard times these indeed.

I do love this country. I have traveled outside of the U.S.A. and realize we offer wonderful freedoms and opportunities. We also have a tremendous generosity and do-good/can do spirit.

I recall the post-911 Patriotism. It was a sight to recall after a national tragedy. I suppose the post-Pearl Harbor experience would be similar.

Now we see years of poor decision making by those who claim to be more intelligent or fit to govern have come back to haunt us. All that has been revealed since the 2008 has given rise to great doubts regarding our political and business foundations. We have been terribly fooled after a long period of trust. I suppose this similar to have lived through the Pentagon Papers and Watergate period in our history. But for all of its difficult past, the United States of America is a way of living which does enable a person to be their best or worst.

I recall the James Stewart film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and it is similar to today. They had the same doubts as well and made it through difficult times. This is why I have hope.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Hard times for many these days.

Have we forgotten the good many thing our country stands for?

Do you Love the U.S.A.?
What does it stand for?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Not really... I was born here, I didn't choose to live here. If I were to evaluate all countries, I'd probably choose Norway, Sweeden, Denmark, or Austrailia. The U.S. would probably be in my top 10 - there's no doubt most countries would be much worse to live in.

But really, I have no pride in a country where so many people are stupid enough to believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, where there is so much religious extremism, where so many Americans hate their fellow Americans, where quantity is more oftne chosen over quality, where jobs are going overseas to slave labor countries, where more and more the wealth is being concentrated into the pockets of a few ultra rich and the middle class dream is nearly dead. Where people still celebrate a war over slavery, where gay people are still demonized and refused equal rights... the list goes on and on.
God I hate liberals!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What does it stand for?
Do you really have to ask?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Do you really have to ask?
Do you really not know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies