Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:22 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
In light of the Citizens United ruling, what can you do to stop the corrupting influence of special interest money now pouring into our political campaigns?
Would you honestly expect an honest answer on that from him? Look at his past remarks on campaign financing alone. Or look how fast he broke his promise on hiring lobbysts. Great question actually, but you won't get a truthful answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Would you honestly expect an honest answer on that from him? Look at his past remarks on campaign financing alone. Or look how fast he broke his promise on hiring lobbysts. Great question actually, but you won't get a truthful answer.
I do not expect a straight answer from any politician on anything.

But I think that everybody should ask every candidate running for any office at least that one question.

It would be interesting to listen to how they respond.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
I do not expect a straight answer from any politician on anything.

But I think that everybody should ask every candidate running for any office at least that one question.

It would be interesting to listen to how they respond.
Ok, but if we are going to listen to speeches, ask these questions, they should be taken to task when they lie or distort the truth.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Less than 1% of "friends" have signed up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/us.../20social.html

Do you have to be a "friend" to ask a question?

That would be giving way too much info to obama.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,894 times
I wouldn't ask anything that might embarass him unless I had a fake profile and I was connected via an anonymous public wi-fi hotspot and spoofed my MAC address.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:00 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I wouldn't ask anything that might embarass him unless I had a fake profile and I was connected via an anonymous public wi-fi hotspot and spoofed my MAC address.
That's right. Any question that challenges his propaganda or embarrasses him (not likely to get asked in the first place), you know his sycophantic supporters and media (same thing) would be on that person like fly on dung, trying to dig up all kinds of personal information for their attack.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do you need any help moving out of the White House???

I have trucks and would be proud to help.....
Hillary can show Michelle the correct way to pack the china...

Old 04-20-2011, 07:12 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Ok, but if we are going to listen to speeches, ask these questions, they should be taken to task when they lie or distort the truth.
I agree. Vote them out.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
President Barack Obama will visit Facebook headquarters in Palo Alto April 20, where he will host a "town hall" meeting that will be streamed live on the Internet.

Palo Alto Online : President Obama coming to Facebook April 20

Just wanted to know what questions you want to see Obama answer. Feel free to post.

I bet the Facebook executives will be picking some tough questions for him. Do you think they will give him the questions before hand so he has time to prepare his response?
He'll answer SOME questions that are pre-approved. He won't answer MY questions.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 PM

401 posts, read 473,629 times
This is obviously part of his campaign push. I wander if Obama has visited Facebook in hopes of obtaining favorable consideration from the LARGEST SOCIAL NETWORK in the world. I wander.

I wander what Facebook executives expect in return ?

Glad to know he is focused on the economy and country. I am sure the whole Facebook visit was a job creation meeting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies