Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:33 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,566 times

Advertisements

If we're really honest, what is so different about Obama's policies and vision as compared to other presidents? Why so much hate for the guy and his family?

I ask because I was on a news site and was appalled by the vicious posts about death there on a story about the First Lady's plane in a close call with military jets. It makes me really sad to see how much hatred and vitriol there is with respect to not only Barack Obama and Michelle Obama but even their kids.

These are PEOPLE just like anyone. Are Americans not appalled by all this? Don't say people hated Bush too, because I can't remember any other period in recent history that the level of rage and hatred has been so high.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA????

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Laws, more laws, regulation, laws, and more laws.

Did I mention more laws and regulation?

Oh, the reason why former Obama supporters such as my fiancee hate him now is because of:

Gitmo
Iraq
Stasi Act
Libya
Increased presence in Afghanistan

Thanks for playing OP.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
If we're really honest, what is so different about Obama's policies and vision as compared to other presidents? Why so much hate for the guy and his family?

I ask because I was on a news site and was appalled by the vicious posts about death there on a story about the First Lady's plane in a close call with military jets. It makes me really sad to see how much hatred and vitriol there is with respect to not only Barack Obama and Michelle Obama but even their kids.

These are PEOPLE just like anyone. Are Americans not appalled by all this? Don't say people hated Bush too, because I can't remember any other period in recent history that the level of rage and hatred has been so high.

Nothing is different about this president. That's why people are so angry.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:38 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Other than his policies, his ideology, his lying, his friends, his czars, his lack of leadership, his hatred of America, his amount of golfing, his thin skin, michelle's vacation's, I can't think of a thing!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 AM

Personally, I'd love to have a beer with him and chat about sports. Probably would make a great career as a sportscaster or PR guy. Wouldn't trust him to run anything relating to a business or a country.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Personally, I'd love to have a beer with him and chat about sports. Probably would make a great career as a sportscaster or PR guy. Wouldn't trust him to run anything relating to a business or a country.
Even that's a lie.

He knows basket ball, but that's it.

He proclaims to be a great White Sox fan.

Remember last year when he was in the broadcast booth on opening day at the Washington Nats game and the announcer asked him who his favorite players were from the past WS teams?

Dibble: “Having played with the White Sox for a short time, I know how the Cubs fans and White Sox fans go back and forth. Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?

Obama: “You know uh ….. I … I thought that … uh …. you know … the truth is a lot of the Cubs I like too! But, uh … I did not become a Sox fan until I moved to Chicago. Because I uh …. I was growing up in Hawaii so I ended up actually being an Oakland A’s fan.

That sums it up!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Even that's a lie.

He knows basket ball, but that's it.

He proclaims to be a great White Sox fan.

Remember last year when he was in the broadcast booth on opening day at the Washington Nats game and the announcer asked him who his favorite players were from the past WS teams?

Dibble: “Having played with the White Sox for a short time, I know how the Cubs fans and White Sox fans go back and forth. Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?

Obama: “You know uh ….. I … I thought that … uh …. you know … the truth is a lot of the Cubs I like too! But, uh … I did not become a Sox fan until I moved to Chicago. Because I uh …. I was growing up in Hawaii so I ended up actually being an Oakland A’s fan.

That sums it up!
But I'm sure if he brushed up on his overwhelming tendency to be pedantic and focused on the subject, he'd be quite good at it. Plus, putting him in a position where he can't do any harm to society is by me.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Other than his policies, his ideology, his lying, his friends, his czars, his lack of leadership, his hatred of America, his amount of golfing, his thin skin, michelle's vacation's, I can't think of a thing!
This!!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
But I'm sure if he brushed up on his overwhelming tendency to be pedantic and focused on the subject, he'd be quite good at it. Plus, putting him in a position where he can't do any harm to society is by me.
Maybe he should have had Mr. Teleprompter with him?

Old 04-20-2011, 06:49 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post

Then your memory is faulty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies