Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Shocking, Disturbing Restaurant Assault Vid: Woman Allegedly Beaten Into a Seizure As Employees Laugh | The Blaze

Video at link. Warning: disturbing and graphic.

Sharpton and Jackson are always sprinting to the forefront when a black person is on or suspected to be on the receiving end of anything negative. If they really wanted to "help" the black community, they would also run out to condemn innocents like this. They will sit silent instead of getting involved.
The attackers are scum. can't believe the cowards who stood by.

I haven't heard, what is the evidence for this attack to be based on race?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM

111 posts, read 91,622 times
LMAO at the "racism" charges.

1- The video includes nothing as to what started the fight. All we know is the victim was white and the criminals were black. Why does racism have to be the motivating factor? Maybe the white woman was an old "enemy". Maybe one or both of the black women were just kind of crazy.

2-Employees at low-level jobs are taught never to physically engage someone at work because the companies are afraid of lawsuits. Hell, back when I worked retail you had to say "did you forget that item?" instead of anything implying theft because the company was afraid of defamation suits.

I'd make a similar argument for the Cracker Barrel guy. No real proof he's a bigot. Likely just crazy or a jackass (since he hits women). Also, we don't need the death penalty for assault. You can go to jail for several years for that. Think back to this date last year and all the stuff that has happened since then. Now suppose that instead you had spent all that time in jail.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The attackers are scum. can't believe the cowards who stood by.
Yea, because you would've jumped in to stop it.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokingHazard View Post
LMAO at the "racism" charges.

1- The video includes nothing as to what started the fight. All we know is the victim was white and the criminals were black. Why does racism have to be the motivating factor? Maybe the white woman was an old "enemy". Maybe one or both of the black women were just kind of crazy.

2-Employees at low-level jobs are taught never to physically engage someone at work because the companies are afraid of lawsuits. Hell, back when I worked retail you had to say "did you forget that item?" instead of anything implying theft because the company was afraid of defamation suits.

I'd make a similar argument for the Cracker Barrel guy. No real proof he's a bigot. Likely just crazy or a jackass (since he hits women). Also, we don't need the death penalty for assault. You can go to jail for several years for that. Think back to this date last year and all the stuff that has happened since then. Now suppose that instead you had spent all that time in jail.
Sorry have to disagree with you about the Cracker Barrel incident...when you are calling someone a ni66er ***** and a black b!itk as you stomp them...little more is needed to draw a logical conclusion!!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
I'm not going to watch the video. I hope the lady who was beaten recovers and the perps will be appropriately charged since it's all on video.

The good news? Stuff like this is so rare in multi-racial USA nowadays that it causes shock and outrage. I take some comfort in that.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Actually, I'm 5'2" and I would have done something to distract the attackers == maybe pull the fire extinguisher off the wall and spray them. That would hurt like heck and would buy a few minutes. I might yell "the police are coming!" Anything. But these morons stood around gawking and didn't even bother to call the police. Furthermore, one of them urged the attackers to run so they wouldn't get caught -- isn't that interesting????? Wonder if they would have said that to a white attacker of a black victim . . .

This was a racist motivated assault AND a racist motivated lack of action on the part of the employees.

Back to the OP's original point -- I have always wondered why no one in the media has called Fat Al and Jumpin' Jesse on the carpet for their complete silence about black on white crime.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
I merely stated a fact about our African American community and if you cannot attest to that then you need some one on one on AA history

its not ignorant and you know it..if you are truly black you would know that many AA go by this model.

And you stating your color does nothing because I am also black

You distorted my Post TOO. because i was actually replying to the original poster questions and you only took that out.

That comment had nothing to do with racism or blacks and white living together . I was merely a fact.
Did you or did you not make the comment I attributed to you??!!...Yes you did!!!

You were not taken out of context or distorted..your sentence was posted in it's entirety. Don't back peddle on it now.

Again, you stereotype and denigrate an entire race of people with that ignorant statement!!!...you don't state that SOME black communities or some people in a given are, etc. NO it's a black people phenomena according to your sentence.

Make blanket statements out of habit??

Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
chattypatty
When another black person does wrong, it is the communities duty to protect them. This is why stuff like this happens.
Source for your allegation or are you just instigating!?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I would have jumped in and yelled at you to quit filming at the same time.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
If they attacked this woman because of her race, they should be charged with a hate crime. Does ANYONE know what prompted this attack? Did the woman do something not seen by the video? I'm not defending one end or another, but I would like to know what happen before I bring out the pitchforks.

Example: If a person had attacked my mother and my cousin and I see the guy who did it, his race would not matter to us he would just get a real beat down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies