Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's worse......the KKK or the Black Panthers
KKK 126 45.32%
Black Panthers 49 17.63%
Neither 5 1.80%
Both are equally bad. 98 35.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times

Advertisements

the same reason stores hire security guards. the same reason they hire security guard at public events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Ok, let's use some basic logic here... tell me what reason would a person have to stand out in front of a polling place carrying a billy stick if they didn't intend to intimidate? They weren't protecting anyone, they weren't in any danger and they deliberately in an area that everyone knew was very sensitive given the situation of the 2008 election. So please explain to me what they were doing at the doors of a polling location with a billy stick wearing their black panther "uniforms"?
providing security. They are entitled to security in public spaces, just like everyone else. tell me, have you lived in a predominantly black community? because I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
the same reason stores hire security guards. the same reason they hire security guard at public events.

providing security. They are entitled to security in public spaces, just like everyone else. tell me, have you lived in a predominantly black community? because I have.
That's a great story but this guy wasn't hired by anyone and wasn't contracted to provide security (even for free). When the police were called (which means someone had a problem with him holding a weapon outside of a polling place) they provided security to the people who were in the area. There was an injunction placed against this man and he can't be within 100' of a polling place with a weapon now, sounds to me like he caused someone a problem.

This guy wasn't providing security for anyone and he wasn't securing the place against anyone either.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 PM

maybe you got the name of this nebulous "SOMEONE" for me.

sounds more thing the wing nut crew with the camera tried to create something that wasn't there. my guess is they called the police.

sure the guy was probably misguided, I'm sure he saw this election as historic and felt he wasn't going to let whitey keep voters from voting for his boy obama. he was there with an official poll watcher, and thought he was doing good.

you still fail to cite anyone that was intimidated.

Quote:
That's a great story but this guy wasn't hired by anyone and wasn't contracted to provide security (even for free). When the police were called (which means someone had a problem with him holding a weapon outside of a polling place) they provided security to the people who were in the area. There was an injunction placed against this man and he can't be within 100' of a polling place with a weapon now, sounds to me like he caused someone a problem.

This guy wasn't providing security for anyone and he wasn't securing the place against anyone either.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
maybe you got the name of this nebulous "SOMEONE" for me.

sounds more thing the wing nut crew with the camera tried to create something that wasn't there. my guess is they called the police.

sure the guy was probably misguided, I'm sure he saw this election as historic and felt he wasn't going to let whitey keep voters from voting for his boy obama. he was there with an official poll watcher, and thought he was doing good.

you still fail to cite anyone that was intimidated.
He was there with an official poll watcher so it was ok to stand outside with a police baton? That's insane... pure insanity.

I'm fairly certain that anyone who was intimidated wouldn't want to make their case known given the violent history of the Black Panthers AND the fact that the guy they would be making accusations against was already carrying around a weapon at a polling place. Whoever was intimidated did the right thing, they called the police and had the man removed from the location.

There was a man standing outside a polling place with a police baton, nobody had to make something that wasn't there because it was there and it was caught on tape.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 PM

you keep making leading assumptions that take you directly to your conclusion. It would be nice if you had some facts to go with all that guess work. DOJ looked at the whole thing, much closer than either of us, so I'll trust their judgment over your guess work. FACT is the DOJ looked and didn't find anyone that said they were intimidated.

Fact is most of your posts have been built on conjecture, opinion and outright misstatement of fact.
Quote:
He was there with an official poll watcher so it was ok to stand outside with a police baton? That's insane... pure insanity.

I'm fairly certain that anyone who was intimidated wouldn't want to make their case known given the violent history of the Black Panthers AND the fact that the guy they would be making accusations against was already carrying around a weapon at a polling place. Whoever was intimidated did the right thing, they called the police and had the man removed from the location.

There was a man standing outside a polling place with a police baton, nobody had to make something that wasn't there because it was there and it was caught on tape.
funny the call to the police was timed to capture the whole thing on video... wonder who might have called if there wasn't anyone intimidated....

Quote:
I can't imagine why someone who was intimidated wouldn't want to come forward against a friendly and nice organization that put members out front of a polling location carrying batons...

Let's look at the facts, 2 men stood outside of a polling location holding weapons
one man with one weapon, not two men with two weapons.

Quote:
and it was caught on video, nobody was prosecuted and the DOJ eventually dropped charges. Everything else is just BS, those 2 guys should have gone to jail.
someone was prosecuted under voter rights act and the charges for the guy with the weapon were NOT dropped. charges against others were dropped because there was no showing of intimidation and they didn't possess a weapon as the one did.

Quote:
Were these men convicted? No of course not, it was dropped by Eric Holder and the DOJ.

Sorry, it's a new racist organization that stole the name and lots of members from the old racist black panther party.
Wrong as noted above, the old BPP faded away in the 1980's. I'd wager there are zero member in common, much less LOTS or MANY.

Quote:
lots of members from the old racist black panther party.
Wrong as noted above.

Quote:
The voter intimidation issue which took place in 2008 during Obama's election was pretty clear but it was never pursued by the DOJ. Had 2 members of the KKK in their idiot outfits stood in front of a polling place holding weapons the world would have come to an end, the BPP did this exact same thing and didn't even get a hand slap.
Wrong as noted above, NEW BPP not the BPP.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
The Black Panthers are a joke, the KKK is not.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Like i have said before, is one really worse! what they stand for, their meaning, their hatred, how they hate, their negative impact, their ignorant views, hate groups as these, are one in the same, only difference, different book cover, same meaning!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Both are RACIST groups, so who is the worst?
Judging by records and actions, the Klan wins the Worst Award in a landslide.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Journal E: Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America

i forget, why did some of those uppity blacks feel they needed to have militant groups like the BPP. can anyone tell me? which came first? and which was a "REACTION" to the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Judging by records and actions, the Klan wins the Worst Award in a landslide.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:33 PM

50 posts, read 48,844 times
Troll thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies