Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times

Advertisements

Qur'an-burning pastor ordered to stay away from Dearborn mosque for 3 years as planned protest is ruled "likely to provoke violence" - Jihad Watch

Nazis can have a rally, Pro-abortionists can have a rally, Black Panthers can have a rally but no rally if you want to protest Islamic Supremicists. The message we are sending to our enemies: Intemidation works. Threaten violence and we will back down and imprison our own people. We will censor cartoons. If violence breaks out we won't blame those who commit the acts of violence we will blame those who "provoked" them, as if Muslims are children who can't possibly be expected to control themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
The Michigan court is siding with ISLAM vs the Constitution.
Why is that so bad ????

Old 04-23-2011, 11:02 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
I hope this will be appealed.

Clearly, this shows the dangers of Islam when the Westboro bunch is protected but Jones is not.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Qur'an-burning pastor ordered to stay away from Dearborn mosque for 3 years as planned protest is ruled "likely to provoke violence" - Jihad Watch

Nazis can have a rally, Pro-abortionists can have a rally, Black Panthers can have a rally but no rally if you want to protest Islamic Supremicists. The message we are sending to our enemies: Intemidation works. Threaten violence and we will back down and imprison our own people. We will censor cartoons. If violence breaks out we won't blame those who commit the acts of violence we will blame those who "provoked" them, as if Muslims are children who can't possibly be expected to control themselves.
The people of Dearborn aren't my enemies, and i don't know how they're yours either.

How about we just respect others and leave them the hell alone. Seen any American Muslims wanting to burn a Bible outside of a Christian church? Some people need their asses kicked, and this pastor should get in line.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
How about we just respect others and leave them the hell alone. Seen any American Muslims wanting to burn a Bible outside of a Christian church? Some people need their asses kicked, and this pastor should get in line.
Free speech be damned, right?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The people of Dearborn aren't my enemies, and i don't know how they're yours either.

Does that include "jail time" like what happened ?
Why treat one group different then another ?

Why does the Westboro group get their way ?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:

Yeah I know some people who need their asses kicked and it isn't this Pastor.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:23 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Seen any American Muslims wanting to burn a Bible outside of a Christian church?
Nope, but if they did hold such a demonstration I'm 100% sure that the courts would allow it (as they should). Afterall, the courts couldn't use the pretext of "incitement of violence" as the reason to restrict freedom of speech because everyone knows there would be no Christian rioting and beheadings like the 'Religion of Peace' Intimidation works it seems. We are becoming a nation of sheep.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Yeah I know some people who need their asses kicked and it isn't this Pastor.
I might need it. Hell, i don't doubt it. Last time it happened was 8-22-65 when i was born, and God forbid i ever run across that doctor again.

In any case, just respect people and leave them the hell alone. Come all the way from Florida just to harrass Muslims at a Dearborn mosque? It's ridiculous. They aren't bothering anyone. Me personally, i wish they'd let him do his burning or protest by the mosque. The result would serve him right.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Michigan court is siding with ISLAM vs the Constitution.
Why is that so bad ????

No, the court sided with Michigan law, which is what it's supposed to do. You DO like courts to rule on the merits of a case based upon the law...don't you?

However, in this case, I think the judge far over reached and I predict his ruling will be overturned on appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies