Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Extreem gewelddadige overval | Binnenland | Telegraaf.nl

To all the gun haters....Holland has a no gun policy and this is causing more and more robberies to happen with guns since criminals do have guns and always will have a way to get their hands on them.

UPDATE - Jeweler's Wife Shoots Dead 2 Armed Robbers - Now with Dutch FSA protest -

This jewelers couple decided to protect themselves even though it is not allowed in Holland and it saved their life!

People who are against guns should not have guns, let the rest of us be able to defend ourselves and I wish my grand parents had guns because that way they could have done something back against the Nazi's and they may have survived instead of dying in Auschwitz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 07:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
This is just basic common sense. There is not a critter alive that would give up its teeth or claws because some liberal told them to. Weapons in the hands of the individual is also consistent with traditional judeo-Christian thought.
To Your Tents, O Israel [Israel (biblical) and the 2nd Amendment]

Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

To all the gun haters....Holland has a no gun policy and this is causing more and more robberies to happen with guns since criminals do have guns and always will have a way to get their hands on them.

UPDATE - Jeweler's Wife Shoots Dead 2 Armed Robbers - Now with Dutch FSA protest -

This jewelers couple decided to protect themselves even though it is not allowed in Holland and it saved their life!

People who are against guns should not have guns, let the rest of us be able to defend ourselves and I wish my grand parents had guns because that way they could have done something back against the Nazi's and they may have survived instead of dying in Auschwitz.
Which is evidenced by Holland's much higher per capita gun homicide rate than the US, right?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:56 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
Difference: When it happens in the Netherlands it is big news. In the US, meh, not so much. Look at Iceland back in December when the police shot somebody for the first time, ever. It was international news and they publicly apologized. Most people here wouldn't bat an eye at such an incident. Those kinds of countries don't have the kind of gun culture we do, therefore are not as willing to accept the downside of such a stance.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

Violent crime exploded in Holland as soon as they legalized/decriminalized cannabis. Such things attract organized crime like honey attracts bees. Before legalization Holland had three crime families, and soon after it, they had over 90, and they brought all crime with them, not just drugs. Sex trafficking, robberies, murder, burglary, extortion etc all went up very quickly. It should be a red light for those in US who push for cannabis legalization in US. Having said that, the murder rates in Holland are still way below the US murder rates.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-07-2014 at 08:16 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 08:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Difference: When it happens in the Netherlands it is big news. In the US, meh, not so much. Look at Iceland back in December when the police shot somebody for the first time, ever. It was international news and they publicly apologized. Most people here wouldn't bat an eye at such an incident. Those kinds of countries don't have the kind of gun culture we do, therefore are not as willing to accept the downside of such a stance.
Exactly. There's a mass shooting (4 or more) in the USA every two weeks. It's not even news any more.
"Yawn. Another mass killing? I wonder if I'll need my umbrella. It looks like rain."

Mass killings occur in USA once every two weeks

Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,580 times
What the hell is with all the strawman lately? Most... almost all liberals I know don't advocate banning all guns. We do, however, want a background check to license gun ownership. You have to past a test to drive. What the hell is wrong with testing people on gun safety before licensing them to own and carry?

Have you ever been to a range? Most of those idiots at the range have their finger on the trigger all the time. And they flag each other without even noticing.

PS - I'm an ex-cop. And I currently own enough guns and ammo to hold my own fort if red dawn actually happens.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
I think a robbery with a gun like that is news every where and in recent weeks so many people over there have been killed by guns.

Guns don't kill, bad people kill other people and good people can use guns to defend themselves!

Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,580 times
Quote:
I think a robbery with a gun like that is news every where and in recent weeks so many people over there have been killed by guns.

Guns don't kill, bad people kill other people and good people can use guns to defend themselves!
Again, almost all liberals I know understand that guns don't kill. But you guys just concentrate on a few idiot liberals who want to ban all guns.

Answer the question. What the hell is wrong with licensing people to carry guns after a background check and a simple test on basic gun safety and usage? How come you guys don't cry bloody murder when states test people on their driving ability before giving them a license to drive?

It's really simple to get license to own a gun. Just freakin' send in an application form for the state police to do a background before issuing. And if you want to carry, just take a damn 8 hour class. How the hell is that the same thing as putting you gun owners in ovens?

Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Again, almost all liberals I know understand that guns don't kill. But you guys just concentrate on a few idiot liberals who want to ban all guns.

Answer the question. What the hell is wrong with licensing people to carry guns after a background check and a simple test on basic gun safety and usage? How come you guys don't cry bloody murder when states test people on their driving ability before giving them a license to drive?

It's really simple to get license to own a gun. Just freakin' send in an application form for the state police to do a background before issuing. And if you want to carry, just take a damn 8 hour class. How the hell is that the same thing as putting you gun owners in ovens?
Sorry but a large majority of Liberals do NOT understand that guns do not kill. They hate guns, they believe no one other than law enforcement needs them, and they believe that if not for guns, murders in the U.S. would all but cease to exist. We need to ban them for the children....

Owning a gun is a right and driving a car is a privilege. To farther prove how dumb your analogy is, I do not need to have a license to be able to own a car and I do not need a license to be able to drive a car on my own private property.

It is up to States to decide in accordance with the U.S. Constitution, and it should not be left up to a hand full of Californian and New York Liberals to force it upon everyone else on the federal level. In many states, just like with automobiles, you do not have to be licensed to be able to own a gun; however, similar to automobiles, you have to be licensed to be able to carry the firearm outside of the home in most states. A majority of gun owners have no problem with taking the steps to obtain the carry licence that you want so desperately for us to have. In fact, all most all states require a licence to be able to carry outside of the home. The funny thing is that WE AREN'T THE ONES WITH THE PROBLEM EVEN THOUGH YOU, LIKE MOST GUN CONTROL FREAKS, FALSELY CHARACTERIZED US TO BE! THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOUR SIDE REFUSES TO ALLOW LEGAL GUN OWNERS TO OBTAIN ANY LICENCING AS A WAY TO PREVENT US FROM BEING ABLE TO CARRY/OWN GUNS... I.E., Chicago, New York, California, and Hawaii. If you paid ANY attention to FACTS instead of rhetoric, you'd know this... (Most recently Peruta v. County of San Diego de facto gun ban)

Last, no one said that most of you want to put our guns in an oven... Just that you want to create laws to take away our guns and/or make it illegal or damn near impossible to obtain them.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 04-08-2014 at 06:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies