Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddfellow View Post
Rush Limbaugh just had a piece he used [spin and lies] about Jesus yesterday. He said WWJT or what would jesus take if he were here, meaning taxing people. He said that Jesus would take nothing. This shows how little Limbaugh knows about the bible. I guess Liimbaugh has never read Mark 12:16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied. 17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”
Or the

Or what Jesus told a rich man when he asked how he could be in the Kingdom of Heaven, Matthew 19:24

20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

I am an agnostic so I do not believe in the bible, but for Limbaugh to use Jesus to show that greed is good, well that is just amazing.
THOU SHALL NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS!

For Bill Clinton: Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think He would ask, "Have they learned nothing" and weep.

And you probably wouldn't be that far off in your assumption.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Something to think about.

No poll necessary I hope.

Just an honest question.

Feel free to voice an opinion.

Neither. Jesus was about saving the soul, not politics. In fact, he condemned it regularly.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Jesus followed no Church, he created his own, his own message his own ideas.
For that reason alone he was a individual to his own rights, his own mind and his own creator. He died for those reasons would never change and halt the message of his own individual teachings.
Because of that he was free and the ideas of freedom of the individual are best served in the minds of free thinkers and libertarian minds. No government to enforce no tax to spread the message and only enough love to share with his follow man.

Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
You forgot Newt Gingrich.
Has Newt been a bad boy in the past five years? I mean, publicly?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Question A couple of questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Bill Clinton
John Edwards
Alcee Hastings
Marion Barry
Charlie Rangel
William Jefferson

All Democrats. All scumbags.

1. How many of those were within the past five years?

2. How many of them were "family values" guys who messed around with other women or gay lovers?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Actually Jesus supported temporal laws promulgated by temporal governments.

"Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. " Matthew 22:21
There is a lot of history to that verse and exchange that few people know about. In 300 BC Rome created a debt free, FIAT currency, not backed by any gold or silver. It was not controlled by bankers or money changers. Julius Caesar put an end to the era of debt free money and stated minting gold coins with his image. Gold has always been owned and controlled by the very rich, so money needed to go through money changers in order to pay tax using Caesars coins.

In this day the system of money was a hot topic because the Jewish people needed to exchange the locally used (old currency) into Caesars gold coins (of course for a fee by the money changers).

When Jesus was asked about the coin, being that it was created and issued by Caesar, he said “render unto Caesar”.

To go back even further to see what God thought of government you need to go to 1 Samuel 8 Here are a few verses.

“now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.

He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the LORD will not answer you in that day.”

But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. “

Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Would Jesus be a Modern Day Conservative or Liberal?
He would be whatever the author who was creating him would want him to be.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Assuming he was as high-minded and moral as is usually claimed, I'd think he wouldn't be political at all.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,706 times
Niether-he would be a theocratist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies