Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
self proclaimed, are you saying he isn't a billionaire and he is just proclaining to be or are you referring to the credit he is taking? Which ever you are wrong: I will add, I certainly am not supporting him, but I do agree, he finally managed to get this in the open. God knows how much longer it would have continued to be an issue.

Nita
Didn't read the link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 04:11 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're joking, right? The economy collapsed before Obama was president and just today I was reading that it has recovered to a degree that is is now stable and able to withstand instabilities in the Middle East / oil market without major fluctuations. Private sector is expanding its hiring and new jobless claims have plummeted while the stock market has regained what it lost. You're in a lonely boat if you think we're still in the basement we were in throughout 07-09.

Do you just not understand the basics of economic theory to know the process of economic recovery?

Unemployment is still at almost 9%, the housing market is lower than when it originally burst, and growth in GDP is minimal at best. Obamacare and the stimulus were FAILURES. California's economy (where I'm currently located) is among the worst, if not the worst of all the states. Obama will (hopefully) be out of office before any substantial recovery is seen.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
So not only is trump a fool, but he's a liar too.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
Funny Post line..

LMAO

Old 04-27-2011, 04:13 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Now, let's see his college records. A million-to-one odds are that Obama claimed he was a citizen of another country.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
It just figures that people with less than a full deck would want to play a Trump card.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Of course, I was referring to economic damage. And of course, Obama is worse for the nation than the Germans and Japanese in WW2.

It is good to see that liberals, being tolerant and accepting,are always quick to call everyone else "stupid". This false sense of intellectual superiority, along with a strange preoccupation with spelling errors defines the illness of liberalism. Given that I am "stupid", I will match my degrees, academic record, publications, and IQ points anytime. It is not necessarily flattering when one has a marginal intellect compared to those who are "stupid".

Perhaps, as you are discounting the damage that Obama has done, you could review all the benefits of-

1. $14.5 trillion in debt
Obama is responsible for about 20% of that. Bush's last budget actually had a larger deficit that Obama's first budget.
Quote:
2. downgrading of US credit rating due to his reckless policies
Obama doesn't control the banks, if you are upset with this you should be upset with Bush's policies that created the Recession we are working out of. be upset with the large corporations that put their profits ahead of that is best for this country. be upset with huge corporation making billions and not paying any income taxes.
Quote:
3. unemployment at 9%
do you think Bush's GREAT RECESSION had anything to do with that?
Quote:
4. proposes $1.6 trillion deficit for 2012, when at the same time he is talking about fiscal "responsibility"
still smaller that Bush's 2009 budget deficit.
Quote:
5. inability to address the illegal immigration issue
as if anyone else has been willing to address immigration. FYI, presidents administrate and congress LEGISLATES, blame congress.
Quote:
6. aimless foreign policy which at one point condemns involvement in the middle east, while at the same time entering a war in Libya
when you play poker, do you hold you cards so your opponents can see them or do you hold them closely and only reveal them as needed? why would Obama telegraph his plans to you or anyone else?
Quote:
7. inability to act in the Gulf oil spill
Obama didn't cause the spill and he didn't have any options. The spill was BP's problem and their responsibility. I am always abused by the "we want small government" group when they complain about the government not doing enough, fast enough...
Quote:
8. suing states attempting to enforce US immigration laws, which the president himself ignores
testing the constitutionality of a law is part of enacting a controversial law. same goes for Obama's national version of RomneyCare.
Quote:
9. Limiting exploration of US coal and oil while gasoline prices soar
what limits has Obama placed on exploration?
Quote:
10. failure to deal with flawed trade polices of NAFTA and China most favored nation trade status, despite campaign promises to do so
again, those things are up to congress.
Quote:
11. violation of US campaign laws by bribing a senate candidate to drop out of an election
your opinion about law might be wrong, otherwise the FEC would have acted.
Quote:
12. barring prosecution of the Black Panthers in disrupting elections
wrong, NEW Black Panthers, and the weapon carrying dude was charged
Quote:
13. accepting illegal real estate bribes in Chicago in exchange for political favors.
if you got facts and evidence you really should present that to the law, otherwise, you thinking something doesn't make it true
Quote:

We snapped back pretty quickly after Pearl Harbor. It may take decades to recover from Obama.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 PM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
I'm not surprised. Donald Trump is quite a sleaze.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
If the Donald says its real then it must be.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
[quote=sickofnyc;18917107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post

Get the bumper sticker while you still can...

Trump/Taitz 2012
you should be able to get a couple of Corsi's book with that bumper sticker for a buck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies