Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But off he goes - as the economy continues to tank, as gas prices continue to rise, as the deficit continues to grow, as the war(s) continue to rage on, as the debt ceiling limit is coming fast - to appear on Oprah and then flitting over to NY for a couple of fundraisers.

Obama heads to Chicago for Oprah, NYC for money - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110427/ap_on_re_us/us_obama - broken link)

Is this guy serious? All that is going on in this country, around the world and he is focused like fly on dung to campaigning, 19 months out.

Shameful, negligent, amateurish.

Obama is all about MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Hahah. You're trying to change the subject, all the while ignoring the FACT that every president - even your Lord and Savior Reagan - had to campaign for their second term.

Seriously. I'm trying to help you save what little dignity you have left. Come back to fight another day.
19 months out? When gas is closing in on $5/gal? When Libya is going down the crapper? When the debt ceiling is coming due? He's out fundraising and going on Oprah - is that what you expect of your president?

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Obama is all about MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!
The more I think about, the more I come to believe he NEEDS this much time - 19 months - to try and re-energize and recapture what he had in 2008. But at the expense of this country, this economy and the serious discussions that SHOULD be taking place, he is out gallivanting around, hitting up big donors at lavish fundraisers. I don't think that will sit well with the American people.

6,025 posts, read 15,353,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do you defend his time spent on taping Oprah and the campaign trail when he should be addressing just the very things in your post?
if he's talking about the issues, then yes. if he's gossiping w/ Oprah about movies and celebrities, then no.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,187 times
Screw the birth certificate. They say he was in they boy scouts but have yet to provide any evidence of merit badges that he earned. I want him to go on fox news and demonstrate how to start a fire with a stick and some twine.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What time has he wasted the last three weeks? You mean when he was campaigning all over the country?

He hasn't been serious on ANY of those issues - he's strictly in campaign mode now, even with all that is going on in this country and the world.
All presidents campaign at this point..More nonsensical drama.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Nothing - NOTHING - this president does will satisfy your segment of the American population. We all know what you're going to say before we even open your posts. You all are becoming redundant....
You can't rationalize or use logic with people driven by fear, ignorance, bigotry and hatred.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Nothing - NOTHING - this president does will satisfy your segment of the American population. We all know what you're going to say before we even open your posts. You all are becoming redundant....
Yeah! fix this gosh dang economy, do those very things you said you would while in the campaing mode. But we do know now that most of that was just talk.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I guess he could stay on this forum and chalk up about 35 posts per day - like you. I believe you are also on at least one other forum - do you work? My guess is - no.

Talk about silly.

Now you and Trump are going to be obsessing about his college transcripts. Next - Is he really married to Michelle? Are those really his children? Why isn't he publishing his 1st grade report card??? Huh??? I bet he has something to hide.
Well it was Obama that said:
Quote:
"the most open and transparent adminitration ever.”
I mean if you're going to claim you're god then you need to be able to fly around, heal people and turn water into wine.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,207,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The birthers won't be happy until Obama turns white.
..... and that's probably at the heart of the whole thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A sitting POTUS, if he is doing a satisfactory job, shouldn't have to begin his campaign months ahead of the rest. Were he doing a satisfactory job he could stand on his record instead of selling class warfare and divisivness, wouldn't you say?
Please, when did George W. Bush Jr. every stop campaigning from 2001 to 2004?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies