Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

The family of a Honolulu doctor whose signature appears on President Barack Obama's birth certificate woke up to the news Wednesday that the late obstetrician had delivered Obama.

Son of late doctor who delivered Obama in 1961 at Honolulu hospital surprised, honored - 4/27/2011 8:38:10 PM | Newser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The family of a Honolulu doctor whose signature appears on President Barack Obama's birth certificate woke up to the news Wednesday that the late obstetrician had delivered Obama.

Son of late doctor who delivered Obama in 1961 at Honolulu hospital surprised, honored - 4/27/2011 8:38:10 PM | Newser
and why would they be honored? It isn't like his mom came into the hospital and announced to the doctor, I have chosen you to deliver the 44th Pres of the United States.

NIta

Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and why would they be honored? It isn't like his mom came into the hospital and announced to the doctor, I have chosen you to deliver the 44th Pres of the United States.

NIta
I've always been under the impression that an angel was given that honor.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
A bit odd that the son of the doctor that reportedly delivered Obama went to the same school as Obama and the article states that there were few Ob Doctors delivering babies back then, yet no one in that family had previously tried to research this? You'd think there would have been a certain level of curiousity from this reportedly well-educated large family.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
A bit odd that the son of the doctor that reportedly delivered Obama went to the same school as Obama and the article states that there were few Ob Doctors delivering babies back then, yet no one in that family had previously tried to research this? You'd think there would have been a certain level of curiousity from this reportedly well-educated large family.
Some birthers just won't quit, will they?

You are aware medical records have long been privacy protected, aren't you? I don't know how you would "research" this.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post

Are you kidding? Do you have any doctors in your family? I do and I have no idea who their patients are. Everything is not part of some conspiracy. A man was born in 1961 in Hawaii and ended up becoming president, I really don't see anything odd about it. SMH...birthers are truly an embarassmen to the country.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:59 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

You are aware medical records have long been privacy protected, aren't you? I don't know how you would "research" this.
Facts and logic never get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. Or a bad one, for that matter.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Are you kidding? Do you have any doctors in your family? I do and I have no idea who their patients are. Everything is not part of some conspiracy. A man was born in 1961 in Hawaii and ended up becoming president, I really don't see anything odd about it. SMH...birthers are truly an embarassmen to the country.
Exactly, and they will be written into the history books in the same manner in which we remember the segregationists during the Civil Rights Movement and the Benedict Arnold and British loyalists during the Revolutionary War....all on the wrong side of history.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

First of all, I have never considered myself a "birther." But I do try and keep an open mind.

Secondly, of course I know that medical records are private. But, given the facts stated that there were so few OB-GYN Doctors in Honolulu at that time and the son actually attended the same school as Obama, I find it odd that apparently the question of whether or not their dad/husband could have delivered Obama never even crossed their minds. The article states the family was so "surprised" and they were "blown away" by the news. With the man becoming President and then with all the questions regarding his birth certificate, I would have thought the reaction would have been more along the lines of "We WONDERED if it could have been our dad who delivered Obama." Just a bit odd.

With that being said, I think the issue is probably best put to rest now. If someone wants to continue & try and disprove this, it would best be accomplished quietly.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No. I'm not kidding. Please see post #18 for a more detailed, rational explanation. I don't have time to repeat. And, yes I do have a doctor in the family and am well aware of how things are supposed to work and how they sometimes work. BTW, I have never considered myself a "birther" but being a somewhat wise, responsible person of integrity, I try to keep an open mind. You might want to try that sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies