Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Federal Agency in Most Need of Reform is...
FEMA 0 0%
TSA 1 4.35%
Federal Reserve 7 30.43%
Senate 0 0%
House of Representative 0 0%
White House 0 0%
Supreme Court 0 0%
National Labor Relations Board 0 0%
Department of Veteran's Affairs 0 0%
Housing and Urban Development 1 4.35%
Environmental Protection Agency 5 21.74%
Food and Drug Administration 0 0%
Immigration and Customs Enforcement 3 13.04%
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms 2 8.70%
National Transportation Safety Board 0 0%
Department of the Interior 0 0%
Department of State 0 0%
Health and Human Services 0 0%
NASA 0 0%
Small Business Administration 0 0%
AMTRAK 1 4.35%
CIA 0 0%
NSA 0 0%
Nuclear Regulatory Agency 0 0%
Securities and Exchange Commission 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times

Advertisements

As some pointed out, the Defense Department should be looked at. I voted for Immigration and Customs Enforcement because they are clearly not doing the job. Supposedly there is a law against hiring illegal aliens but enforcement is lax. Customs is a joke, who knows how much contraband flows in every day. I doubt they catch one percent of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The Federal Government is too large to fit every single agency into a poll.

Sorry.

Sorry? I'll bet.

How convenient for your bias as shown in your poll.

You threw everything in but the kitchen sink and and ran out of the room to add Defense.....Right.

Want don't you just label it ... What would Right Wingers like to start with first as we attempt to dismantle the Federal government and turn our country into a right wing fascist military state?

Go Fish.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would pick the Dept of Education.
I would only fund it enough to put out a national curriculum that all states need to follow.
All the rest of their "guidance" gets thrown in the trash.
All students take the SAT and that is our "national" test of adhering to the national curriculum.

The present is pretty much a wash so I'm going for a smarter future generation.

To add...I didn't vote the poll because Dept. of Education isn't on there.
My thoughts exactly: I was looking for the Dept Of Ed, but it was left off. This shows how fixed polls can be: I would not reform it, I would dump it.

Nita

Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
As some pointed out, the Defense Department should be looked at. I voted for Immigration and Customs Enforcement because they are clearly not doing the job. Supposedly there is a law against hiring illegal aliens but enforcement is lax. Customs is a joke, who knows how much contraband flows in every day. I doubt they catch one percent of it.

I will go with ICE as well. Greg said he believes we need the cheap labor. I think we have enough unskilled citizens to fill the jobs. I also think the additional costs to the nation due to illegal immigration place it in the high priority catergory. We are being told that illegals add as much as $16 billion per year to our tax coffers but when you see that one county in California says it is costing them over $12 billion per year you must see the devastating effect this has on our economy.

The cheap labor that illegals offer is lowering the wages of many that are striving to feed a family without relying on the public coffers.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Defense, apparently this is a bit biased since it's not included.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Sorry? I'll bet.

How convenient for your bias as shown in your poll.

You threw everything in but the kitchen sink and and ran out of the room to add Defense.....Right.

Want don't you just label it ... What would Right Wingers like to start with first as we attempt to dismantle the Federal government and turn our country into a right wing fascist military state?

Go Fish.
Too much centralized government is exactly what leads to a fascist state and at the moment, the right wing isn't head of the parade.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The cost of running the Fed is not the problem. The problem is the fact they are authorized to do things which they should not be authorized to do.
Ok, let me say it in English this time......Scrap what is not needed and streamline it.....

Old 04-28-2011, 01:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
If You Could Pick Just ONE Federal Department to Reform Which Would It Be?

The Executive, to understand it must acquiesce to Congress and the electorate.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
The white house is not a agency.
You left out the department of education and the IRS which would be my votes but it really starts with CONGRESS.
They created the federal agencies and or write the laws that give them power.
Start with congress and you can correct the other unconsitutional agencies and their powers.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:54 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
EPA.

I would fire everyone then require them all to submit an essay on if they think the EPA should regulate CO2.

if they support CO2 regulation, they would not get their jobs back.

Those that were re-hired would have to sign a legal brief stating they would never suggest that CO2 was a polutant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies