Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM

53 posts, read 54,618 times

Advertisements

wtf? why in the fu*k did we respect bin ladens religion and bury him in the sea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlracing View Post
wtf? why in the fu*k did we respect bin ladens religion and bury him in the sea?
Do your homework....

Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
Quote:
because we aren't terrorists

Old 05-04-2011, 12:14 PM

102 posts, read 170,509 times
Quote:
I've asked myself the same question, but I know the answer. Personally speaking I think his body should have been saved for shark feed, but of course we can't do that because we are forced to show respect to a mass-murderer and show the world how civilized and politically-correct we are. It's a shame that the same respect couldn't have been shown to the victims of 9/11 and the other acts of murder perpetrated by OBL and his minions -- you know, the victims whose bodies fell from the towers while their loved ones had to watch in horror, or whose bodies exploded, ripped apart by his terrorist bombs. Too bad they weren't given the same respect and had their bodies buried according to religious rite. But of course we know they weren't.

I believe in civility. I believe in respect of life. I believe that "an eye for an eye" as theory is not always the best approach to take when wronged. Sometimes it is. However - and this is a big however -- there are some things in this world that are simply black & white. Clearly cut. No room for interpretation. I believe with my whole heart and mind this is one of them ... Osama Bin Laden was one of the world's greatest killers, a mass murderer without a conscience. A mass murderer bent on destruction of a civilized world and it's inhabitants. A killer who murdered freely and with joy. He deserved absolutely no respect in any possible regard and his swift execution was righteous, and in fact, kind. He didn't suffer as his countless victims did.

Anything else would have been a travesty.

Last edited by Matterofopinion; 05-04-2011 at 12:25 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
because we aren't terrorists
Tell that to the 88,000 brought in for "enhanced interrogation." Not one was brought to trial. Seven percent were picked up by our military, the rest were "volunteered" by others...many of whom collected large reward money.

I'm extremely happy about nabbing OBL....shoot I volunteered to try it myself. Knowing full well that it was the most dangerous enterprise imaginable.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Here is an interesting tid bit i've not notice mentioned. If it has, oh well, too many pages to go back through.

The possible role in the timing of the raid and release of Wikileaks documents.

American Thinker Blog: Did Wikileaks force the attack on Osama 18 months before the election? (updated)

Osama Bin Laden dead: Did WikiLeaks force Obama to take him out | Mail Online

Quote:
For although the CIA has thought since September that he was in hiding in Abbottabad, special forces stormed his fortress only days after the website published new secret documents.

These made reference to named ‘couriers’ carrying Bin Laden’s message to his followers, and also to Abbottabad as a possible Al Qaeda bolthole.

America has already revealed that it was led to Bin Laden by tracking a man identified as his key courier.

When that courier was found in Abbottabad, the CIA began surveillance that led to the raid.
As a result, last night it was suggested the operation had to be launched before Bin Laden knew the game was up.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:29 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Here is an interesting tid bit i've not notice mentioned. If it has, oh well, too many pages to go back through.

The possible role in the timing of the raid and release of Wikileaks documents.

American Thinker Blog: Did Wikileaks force the attack on Osama 18 months before the election? (updated)

Osama Bin Laden dead: Did WikiLeaks force Obama to take him out | Mail Online
i can't help but shrug. the president set a priority and followed through. now the dude is dead, operation went off successfully, no American casualties.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:32 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
I've asked myself the same question, but I know the answer. Personally speaking I think his body should have been saved for shark feed, but of course we can't do that because we are forced to show respect to a mass-murderer and show the world how civilized and politically-correct we are. It's a shame that the same respect couldn't have been shown to the victims of 9/11 and the other acts of murder perpetrated by OBL and his minions -- you know, the victims whose bodies fell from the towers while their loved ones had to watch in horror, or whose bodies exploded, ripped apart by his terrorist bombs. Too bad they weren't given the same respect and had their bodies buried according to religious rite. But of course we know they weren't.

I believe in civility. I believe in respect of life. I believe that "an eye for an eye" as theory is not always the best approach to take when wronged. Sometimes it is. However - and this is a big however -- there are some things in this world that are simply black & white. Clearly cut. No room for interpretation. I believe with my whole heart and mind this is one of them ... Osama Bin Laden was one of the world's greatest killers, a mass murderer without a conscience. A mass murdered bent on destruction of a civilized world and it's inhabitants. A killer who murdered freely and with joy. He deserved absolutely no respect in any regard and his swift execution was righteous.

Show respect? It wasn't to show respect. We allegedly went in a murdered the man in front of his children! And you believe the "respect" story?

There was no body and the "sea burial" scenario makes sure there is no question of any "forensics" being done on this imaginary body.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post

I believe in civility. I believe in respect of life. I believe that "an eye for an eye" as theory is not always the best approach to take when wronged. Sometimes it is. However - and this is a big however -- there are some things in this world that are simply black & white. Clearly cut. No room for interpretation. I believe with my whole heart and mind this is one of them ... Osama Bin Laden was one of the world's greatest killers, a mass murderer without a conscience. A mass murderer bent on destruction of a civilized world and it's inhabitants. A killer who murdered freely and with joy. He deserved absolutely no respect in any possible regard and his swift execution was righteous, and in fact, kind. He didn't suffer as his countless victims did.

This has nothing to do with being "politically correct," and everything to do with not providing a tomb for bin Laden that would morph into a religious shrine for those Muslims who hate us, and not offending the many more who don't. Still, I agree...he was a mass murderer and psychopath; it was a fitting end to his machinations.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
i can't help but shrug. the president set a priority and followed through. now the dude is dead, operation went off successfully, no American casualties.
It would seem to be that simple, but now that the long-form birth certificate was produced and it's clear that President Obama is an American and has been one since birth, the conspiracy nuts have been running in circles and shrieking to the high heavens that there is a massive conspiracy. It starts with President Obama and apparently includes everyone in the military or intelligence community, as well as the Navy SEALS who carried out the mission. Some of us think it's paranoid schizophrenia, others cognitive dissonance. Either way, it's an issue of mental health now, and beyond partisanship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies