Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 12:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,920 times

Advertisements

This guy live tweeted the Bin Laden raid in Pakistan without actually knowing what was going on.

ReallyVirtual Uh oh, now I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it.

http://mobile.twitter.com/ReallyVirtual?max_id=64913116168863744 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Not mentioned in any of this commentary - but potentially VERY IMPORTANT - is the probablity that along with OBL's body, there was probably some important paperwork intel recovered on the raid as well (I've heard nothing about this, but it would surprise me if the raiders DIDN'T find anything useful).

Ken
There was actually a piece of paper on OBL's body....apparently it read "+1 for Obama , -1 for Bush"

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

You could not be more wrong.
Are you reading the same thread I'm reading?

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm SO loving this.

Too bad the rightwingers are hating this so much. Must suck to be them tonight.
Yeah you can REALLY tell the sensible rational RightWing folks from those who are simple political shills. The fact is ANY reasonable person - from EITHER side - will EASILY understand and HONESTLY admit that this is HUGE success for the Obama Administration. The fact is, when you are President the credit for successes and the blame for failures falls squarely on your shoulders - and TONIGHT was a VERY GOOD NIGHT for President Obama.

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 12:03 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nonsense!

The armed forces accomplished the mission in spite of a hostile Commander in Chief who saw no problem court martialing a Navy Seal for allegedly roughing up a terrorist and imposing a dangerous new ROI policy which likely killed scores of marines and soldiers who were sitting ducks for the enemy who blended in with civilians just like they did in Viet Nam.
You must be joking. How wrong you are. Self serving is such an UGLY trait to possess.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Pakistani television is showing what is purported to be OBL's compound during the raid, and it's engulfed in flames. As heavily guarded as that compound was, I'd be surprised if they stuck around to look around for paperwork to gather up. It will be interesting if we learn that there was anything recovered. But even if that's the case, I seriously doubt we'll ever know about it (unless of course some other ass like Manning releases classified documents).
Who knows.
We probably will ONLY learn about it AFTER it's been USED to capture/kill someone else or to stop an attack.

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 12:05 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
oops....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama isnt dead..

Old 05-02-2011, 12:05 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
I'm SO loving this.

Too bad the rightwingers are hating this so much. Must suck to be them tonight.
Can you believe that there are people so obsessed with hatred that they can't take a single moment to celebrate the death of our most dangerous enemy? That's just twisted.
Lord Balfor, that's a good point. Bin Laden had apparently been in the compound for at least 4 months...it's a smart bet that the military got some computers that should prove to be very important.
BTW, tried to rep you both but they're making me spread the love around first...consider yourselves repped!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Are you reading the same thread I'm reading?
I am disgusted by both sides making this political.
You may have noticed that I congratulated the President.
Many of the posts here make me sick.
I was in a great mood before I started reading C-D.
This is a great day for all Americans, but so many
have trivialized it and reduced it to playground taunts.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So hmm, no credit for those who actually got the job done?

No credit for the ones that have fought in the sandbox?

No credit for the ones who died?

Let's just give credit to the man who received all the Intel that the US Military gathered and said "Go ahead and kill the Mofo!" Because you know that's the hardest part of the job...to tell them to do what they have been trying to do for the past 10 years.

That's how it works. If this had gone wrong - and if you really wear a uniform, you know how easily these things can unravel - you know perfectly well who would've gotten the blame. Now, the CINC gets to bask in success and those involved on the ground will get their fair share of Navy Crosses and promotions, because that's the currency they're paid in.

Whose name is attached to the botched attempt at rescuing the Iranian hostages in 1980? The pilots who collided in mid-air? Of course not. Jimmy Carter's name will forever be attached, fairly or unfairly, to that fiasco.

That's where the buck stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies