Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

PITTSBURGH (Reuters) - The National Rifle Association wrapped up its annual meeting on Sunday with an appearance by rocker Ted Nugent, who urged the pro-gun rights crowd to "talk about guns all the time."

The guitarist and pro-gun activist won a standing ovation from the crowd of some 2,000 who listened to him describe the fight against gun control as a public relations battle.

Ted Nugent tells NRA crowd to turn up "the heat" on guns - Yahoo! News (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-tells-nra-crowd-turn-heat-guns-205142002.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Although I'm pro-guns, I hate having a slimeball like Nugent being considered a spokesman for the cause.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
I only so sorry that I wasted $25 in the 1970s going to one of his concerts.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I only so sorry that I wasted $25 in the 1970s going to one of his concerts.
Lol yeah, damn him and our 2nd Amendment rights........

Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Lol yeah, damn him and our 2nd Amendment rights........
I'm all for the individual RKBA as outlined in the 2nd Amendment. However, Nugent is a certifiable jerk..he's been busted for illegally baiting deer and poaching among other things.

The only thing he's doing is making the pro gun rights movement look bad..The NRA should cut him loose.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Obama hasn't done anything about guns but the NRA loonies remain irrationally convinced that at any second Obama will personally break down their door to "grab my guns". Talk about an irrational belief contrary to all the evidence.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Obama hasn't done anything about guns but the NRA loonies remain irrationally convinced that at any second Obama will personally break down their door to "grab my guns". Talk about an irrational belief contrary to all the evidence.

Some of us are better informed than you would like to believe. Those who are vigilant about their rights not being eroded away are not "crazy" no matter how the left tries to paint us. Your Alinsky tactics are sooooooo lame.

Holder will be testifying before Issa and the House committee investigating the BATFE operation "The Fast & Furious" in just a few minutes this morning.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Then what's this about?

Quote:
On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/over-a-ba...

Democrats, or anybody else, who kisses the behinds of organizations like the VPC or Brady Bunch are going to be perceived as anti-gun...and rightfully so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies