Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Secret Service protocol is to do nothing while for 10 minutes while America is under attack??? Ever heard of the saying, "Time is of the essence?"

Watch the real time video of this classroom scene. You will be amazed how long Bush sat there looking stupid while Andrew Card was wondering," WTH is up with Bush?"

YouTube - Ten Minute Vid of Bush in Classroom on 9/11
Did Andrew Card tell you what he was thinking? What makes you think the Secret Service was doing nothing? And yes, "Time is of the essence" is a standard contract clause, so I'm aware of it, thank you. I don't know how that is relevant to Secret Service operations in a national emergency.

I don't care about Bush. It's ANY President. Hasn't the President of the United States ever visited where you live or work? Doncha notice that things are done in a certain way when he does? Coordination between Secret Service, FBI, local law enforcement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:29 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Still could have excused himself.
That's what he did.

He cut his visit short and excused himself.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:29 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Because gee maybe you should...oh I don't know read-I'm not a fan of Obama-but guess what book I'm about to read?
His defense for that could have come right out in 2004.....if he told about it in his book for the first time, that means he had 5 years to come up with something that wasn't laughable....
actually, I remember someone in his circle, saying he didn't want to scare the kids....really? Even if he got up quietly, the kids (again kids, not young adults with MBA's) would have had no idea what was going on.....
those kids are 18 to 19 now.....I haven't heard any of them speak about it....maybe since in the good ol USA with all it's freedoms, they've been threatned with jail time, if they speak about it to the media?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Michael Moore is a private citizen. Presidents don't answer criticisms from private citizens in public. Unless it is hurting them politically.
Hurting them politicially?
Hello, that did hurt Bush politically.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
That's what he did.

He cut his visit short and excused himself.
You're stretching there buddy....that's like someone saying they returned stolen merchandise, while returning just 10% of it and keeping the other 90%.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Hurting them politicially?
Hello, that did hurt Bush politically.
His reaction in the classroom did not hurt him politically at all.

The people that criticize Bush for that were never going to vote for him anyway.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You're stretching there buddy....that's like someone saying they returned stolen merchandise, while returning just 10% of it and keeping the other 90%.
You said he should have stood up an excused himself.

That's exactly what he did.

Glad to know you didn't start this thread to troll.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:36 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Listen, I'm not trolling
Not trolling!? Ahh, some of you orbiting the far left hemispheres of your tiny pinheads are full of the hearty brown stuff. You folks are desperate to smear GWB with the most ridiculous comments make sure he doesn't get an ounce of credit for OBL's death. It must kill you folks to know that without his policies in place BHO would never have tagged OBL.

Obama may talk a good game, but the Bush Doctrine lives on. Sucks, huh?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
With all due respect, I don't think we can fault Bush for his reactions upon hearing about the Twin Towers. It would have been too horrific to process instantly and he wouldn't have wanted to tip off the media before they were ready for an official statement.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Did Andrew Card tell you what he was thinking? What makes you think the Secret Service was doing nothing? And yes, "Time is of the essence" is a standard contract clause, so I'm aware of it, thank you. I don't know how that is relevant to Secret Service operations in a national emergency.

I don't care about Bush. It's ANY President. Hasn't the President of the United States ever visited where you live or work? Doncha notice that things are done in a certain way when he does? Coordination between Secret Service, FBI, local law enforcement?
If we didn't need Bush at that time, we didn't need him at all!

YouTube - Seven Minutes - The Bush 9/11 Split Screen Video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies