Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM

47,036 posts, read 26,126,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'm trying to see, particulary what conservatives and GOPers, come up with, in their explination
I'm neither - frankly I'd have to think hard to decide whether passing water on GWB, were he on fire - but this is a weak attack. It's a pretty unprecedented set of circumstances and people react differently. Undoubtedly, there was a set of scenarios that GWB was mentally prepared for, and it appears this wasn't one of them.

It happens. No less a wartime lion than Churchill confessed that "he was happy to be alone" when getting a particular piece of very bad news (sinking of Prince of Wales & Repulse).

GWB did fairly well in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. That is to say, before he started using 9/11 as a marketing gimmick to sell his administration's poorly conceived idea of an attack on Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 12:18 AM

24,518 posts, read 33,386,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This was that dreaded 3AM wakeup call and Cheney wasn’t with him at school that day to tell him what to do.
Who is telling Obama what to do?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,449,990 times
Listen, I'm not trolling but...

What else needs to be said?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:27 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,449,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Bush was a collosal imbecile. His behavior upon hearing the news was true to character: confusion and indecisiveness. Village idiot diplomacy takes times to develop.

Far, far cry from the great President Obama, who has succeeded where Bush and the GOP have consistently failed.

Good point!

Maybe you could list some of the Bush policies Obama didn't adopt once in office.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,049 times
Quote:
Listen, I'm not trolling but, this is the one thing that tips me to at least being a little fishy, about everything that happened on that day and that the govts. story is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.....
I know if someone told me that the 2nd plane hit, I would have excused myself, discretly and gone in the back with my staff and I think most people, even a 7th grader, would have done the same....
so if the govts. story is all true....
why did W continue reading to the kids after the 1st one hit and then stand there frozen after the 2nd one?
Ok, I could see him thinking (again though, I don't know if he was told that it was a commercial jet) that the 1st plane was probably just a small private plane that crashed into it and carried on his business,
however on the 2nd one?
Well, again, if there was no shadiness going on, how do you explain his, at best, different, at worst, bizarre, behavior, in the classroom?
Trolling, would be if I just come out and said W was caught with his pants down, knew something was up and just sat there since his plan when through and he felt guilty, what a slimeball....
however, I'm trying to see, particulary what conservatives and GOPers, come up with, in their explination

Well i explain it like this, no stupid ignorant rash conspiracy theory.

These were school age children, no need to upset them in any way. I have that tape, we tape everything you can think of and save it for a rainy day i guess. He had a look on his face, like he could not believe what he was hearing. You were not President, and cannot walk in his shoes. He was in shock, wouldn't you have been. How would you have handled it, infront of these children. Unless anyone can walk in someone's shoes who had experienced what this President did, has no right at all. Who are we to judge. He was dumbfounded, could not believe it, you can tell by the look on his face. What good would it have done to upset these childeren, none that i can think of. I totally disagree with you, he did not act bizare at all, infact i believe you are. He was not caught with his pants down, you are, how do you like them apples, see how easy it is to come up with something, when people have different opinions!

And unless you have actual physical proof, and information in hand, i would watch what it is that you say.
So do you have proof, if so, i would like to see it. Your only speculating as some people are right now believing that Obama and the Government is in on a conspiracy theory, with this latest operation, their nuts too.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,544,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well i explain it like this, no stupid ignorant rash conspiracy theory.

These were school age children, no need to upset them in any way. I have that tape, we tape everything you can think of and save it for a rainy day i guess. He had a look on his face, like he could not believe what he was hearing. You were not President, and cannot walk in his shoes. He was in shock, wouldn't you have been. How would you have handled it, infront of these children. Unless anyone can walk in someone's shoes who had experienced what this President did, has no right at all. Who are we to judge. He was dumbfounded, could not believe it, you can tell by the look on his face. What good would it have done to upset these childeren, none that i can think of. I totally disagree with you, he did not act bizare at all, infact i believe you are. He was not caught with his pants down, you are, how do you like them apples, see how easy it is to come up with something, when people have different opinions!

And unless you have actual physical proof, and information in hand, i would watch what it is that you say.
So do you have proof, if so, i would like to see it. Your only speculating as some people are right now believing that Obama and the Government is in on a conspiracy theory, with this latest operation, their nuts too.

For crying out loud....it's not unreasonable to think that it's not bizarre that the man reacted like a dog knowing he's about to be neutred.....even his own staff was looking dumbfounded about why he did that...

Old 05-04-2011, 02:32 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,625,067 times
Quote:
Listen, I'm not trolling but, this is the one thing that tips me to at least being a little fishy, about everything that happened on that day and that the govts. story is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.....
I know if someone told me that the 2nd plane hit, I would have excused myself, discretly and gone in the back with my staff and I think most people, even a 7th grader, would have done the same....
so if the govts. story is all true....
why did W continue reading to the kids after the 1st one hit and then stand there frozen after the 2nd one?
Ok, I could see him thinking (again though, I don't know if he was told that it was a commercial jet) that the 1st plane was probably just a small private plane that crashed into it and carried on his business,
however on the 2nd one?
Well, again, if there was no shadiness going on, how do you explain his, at best, different, at worst, bizarre, behavior, in the classroom?
Trolling, would be if I just come out and said W was caught with his pants down, knew something was up and just sat there since his plan when through and he felt guilty, what a slimeball....
however, I'm trying to see, particulary what conservatives and GOPers, come up with, in their explination
First off I don't know if a person can label me a conservative. When Bush took office, I didn't like the man. I later began to appreciate him for one who will stand on his principles, no matter what it looks like to the rest of the world. That takes courage these days.

Secondly, I too thought it hinky at first.

I was on my way to work. It was 8:00 and the radio station I listened to the morning entertainers, paused for a, 'this just in' report. To be honest, I thought they were playing a very bad 'war of the worlds' prank. I thought, "FCC is going to be all over them for this one, because this is just wrong." Then they kept talking about it and I got clued into the fact, they were not joking.

So, now go back to Bush (I watched this horrified, and for the most of the day, well there was raw footage that I wish I had printed) he gets the news from his secrete service a plane has flown into one of the twin towers.

He didn't know it was an attack. Planes fly off course quite often, don't think they don't. He tells the guy, okay, keep me informed and then he goes back in to speak with the kiddos. He does not want to panic or alarm the kiddos either, so he plays it cool.

So then his agent motions for him to exit the room again, this time telling him...and now, the man is in shock. So, he has to pause to let his brain catch up to what he has just been told. So, then he probably tells the kids, something has come up at the office and I have to leave now.

Finally, yes, when it was first broadcast as to Bush's initial reactions, I first thought, he had to have known. (that was the beginning of me putting together a conspiracy theory of an inside job) However, when I put his reaction into the same perspective as my own, in that I first thought it was a bad play joke by radio ET....then I went into shock...

Sometimes, people will read into things that are just not there, but they will swear that they are there, just them same. Human nature I suppose, but I tell you it makes a person not ever wanting to make a mistake and if they make a mistake, they hope to hell, no one ever finds out about it. Makes us self conscience of our every move.

(not, you, in particular, just read better with the pronoun)

Imagine if you were the president ~ I shudder at the thought ~ Shoot a person can't even have a bad hair day and be president. That was proven at one of the debates between Kerry and Bush. Bush's wife had to remind him, be sure to comb your hair, dear.

And God forbid, there is a wrinkle in the neckline of your jacket, because if you are a Bush and that happens at a debate, then...some one is feeding you the answers using some kind of wiring device.

The more the American people keep trying to paint Bush as a fake, the more real, he came to be for me. He is strong willed, determined, principled and he wasn't in it for the photo ops, he was in it, to keep Americans safe, whether they saw him as doing it or not.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,516,570 times
Quote:
Please...you're making yourself look like a partisan hack.....technically, he excused himself, but after 10 minutes of doing something that most normal people, would not have done.....not buying the security arguement, that the manual says for the commander in chief to sit there on his arse while his posse tells him what to do next.....one, there's no way I can imagine Obama doing the same thing, or even Reagan and 2, why didn't they get him out of there, right away, in a orderly way, for his safety, if security was that much of a concern? Sitting there for 10 minutes and continuing to read for 3 of them....just doesn't cut it....if he was told that Jeanna or Barbara, got into a major accident, do you think he would have done the same thing?
Glad you didn't start this thread for trolling purposes.

Look how Presdint Obama runs his foreign policy. He hires Gen McChrystal to run Afghanistan. Rolling Staone magazine runs an article about McChrystal. Obama fires McChrystal based on that article. Turns out nothing in the article was true.

President Obama makes war time decisions based on what a magazine read by drug addicts says and people wanna criticize Bush for something that happened 10 years ago. And I'm partisan? LOLS. OK.

You should ask youself this. If Bush had left the classroom when he was told of the first plane what would hve changed? The answer? Nothing.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,486,032 times
I'm not at all denying any shadiness surrounding 9/11 but he could have not known and legitimately had that reaction. It's called the Freeze reaction where the person freezes and does nothing. It's just as common as the fight and flight reactions but gets discussed much less.

Fight, Flight, or Freeze

Old 05-04-2011, 04:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,147,645 times
Shock.

Or, he wanted to see how the book ended.

Pie.

Pick one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies