Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 PM

760 posts, read 685,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
I know all about those things. You were asked for evidence for your claim and backed away from providing evidence. Don't make statements unless you plan to back them up with evidence.
Apparently it isn't getting through to you.

A PHOTO CAN EASILY BE FAKED. WHY WOULD THAT CURE ALL DOUBT?

It doesn't matter whether or not I can do it. I edit out objects and toss in other objects to my photos all the time. The government could do a hell of a lot better job than I can seeing as I am only a hobbyist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No pictures of dead Osama! No proof
I don't think Obama's kids are really his kids.

[I want to see the blood and DNA tests that prove it]

Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Just watching the press conference with obama's press secretary....

"We have no intentions of rolling out inflammatory pictures that will serve as recruitment tools for our enemies."

Isn't this the same bunch that leaked EVERY picture of EVERY perceived atrocity by the Bush administration?

Why the change?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Default FOIA may give Obama no choice in release of photos

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

Quote:
Under the FOIA, government agencies—but not the White House itself—can be compelled to turn over any document, photo, video, or other record as long as there's no statutory reason for withholding it. If Obama decides against releasing a bin Laden photo, he faces two obstacles to keeping it secret: 1) Since it was (presumably) taken by a Navy SEAL working on a joint mission of the CIA and Department of Defense's Joint Special Operations Command, it was originated by a federal agency subject to the FOIA and 2) There doesn't appear to be a good reason under the FOIA to keep it secret.

"As far as photos of the corpse go," said Kel McClanahan, the executive director of National Security Counselors, a law firm specializing in litigating secrecy issues, "there's nothing I can reasonably think of that would exempt that, unless someone classified them." The government could conceivably try to deny a FOIA request for the photos based on the statute's privacy exemptions, but that would put it in the awkward position of going to court to protect Osama bin Laden's surviving family members' privacy.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
I'm fine with this. A picture wouldn't prove a thing in this day and age. Those who don't believe he is dead would have continued to do so even with a picture.
Exactly, as we have seen with both birth certificates.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Here's your proof doubters!!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And you believe everything and anything you've been told like a good little school kid.
And the problem with moving on from this is??????

Old 05-04-2011, 01:28 PM

396 posts, read 906,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Apparently it isn't getting through to you.

A PHOTO CAN EASILY BE FAKED. WHY WOULD THAT CURE ALL DOUBT?

It doesn't matter whether or not I can do it. I edit out objects and toss in other objects to my photos all the time. The government could do a hell of a lot better job than I can seeing as I am only a hobbyist.
You said you could do it.

Photofakes are quite hard to perfect. The fake image of Bin Laden's death was debunked rather quickly. It'd take a lot of time to fake an almost perfect image. Releasing the images and DNA evidence now would quickly silence doubt from the most rational of people. The longer it goes on the more doubt builds.

BUT, look at it from a rational viewpoint. The Government is known to lie (WIKILEAKS), the Government quickly disposed of the body, and is withholding pictures of said body. Combined with the fact the story is constantly changing (initially Bin Laden died in a fire fight...used a women as a human shield...his wife...not his wife and now it's come out he was UNARMED).

Anyone who isn't questioning things isn't paying attention.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
All I needed to see was the looks on the faces of those present in the photo taken at
the White House while OBL was being shot, a picture speaks a thousand words.
come on !!!!did you see the look on the obamanators face his expression looked like they shot the wrong guy,oops>> a guy that looked like bincockroach

they better cough up at least 20 photos from 20 different angles or the conspiring conspirators will never let this one rest!!!!!

would you believe the exterminator if he told you he killed the cockroach in your apartment ,if he didn't show you the corpse???

Old 05-04-2011, 01:31 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,043 times
If Osama had been killed in 2001 as some wingnuts here claim, why did Bush continue torturing Gitmo prisoners to get info on Osama's whereabouts until 2007? Look, you people can't even get your stories straight. LOL....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies