Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,272,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People are not using good sense. If the US really did not want to create retribution for this act.....then why announce that they killed him at all, especially the way they did the "breaking news" interuption of all the channels? Did they do it to satisfy a revenge thirst of Americans? Did they do it to show that they were not "failures". Hey.....if I killed a notorious gang member or drug dealer and realized that there would be retribution from the gang or cartel upon myself or family........I would not announce it! It would be sufficient enough to know that the person would no longer be a problem. For me to kill then tell everyone that I did it.....but not release details of how I kill them because it would inflame members of the origination makes no sense because those in the game of violence realize that those who live by the sword die by the sword. Death is often gruesom and Osama, supposedly, is linked to far more gruesom things happening to other people. War is gruesom.....why would Muslims be offended by a violent death as opposed to seeing his violent death with honor? Now if they had pictures of him hiding behind women or pleading for his life.....that would probably inflame them.
Very true. If they didn't want to inflame the Middle East, they should have never announced his death. Also, they should have never said that there were photos. People demand the information. You can't tell people you've got photos of the most infamous man in our late history only to then refuse to show those pictures after you bragged about taking them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Obama is just trying to get the nut jobs, well, to act like nut jobs. As usual, they will and are.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
I'm no conspiracy theorist. And what the military did in killing Osama was absolutely the right thing to do.

But if they don't release the photo due to its particularly gruesome nature, then why not release the DNA evidence? Why not produce photos of a known scar or other identifying characteristic of Osama. Some "proof of death" is important for such a historical event.
If you don't know the DNA sequence of Osama how will presenting the DNA result prove anything? Unless you show the whole body thats not proof that the scare you are showing is from his body. You need full body pictures which one can glean his height and other known traits.
Quote:

However, this may not be what it seems. Obama knows someone will file a Freedom of Information Act request. And then Obama would be forced to produce it. That way Obama looks like he was trying to avoid displaying the photo and only did it after being forced to do so. Maybe...
That is what I originally said. That is how I would have played it if I was trying to pull this BS over peoples eyes. However, again, gruesom MEANS that you cannot conclude who it is. How can something be gruesom if the face is not disfigured? If the face is not disfigured then they should have wiped away the blood or cleaned the body up enough to take conclusive picutres.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,732,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And the reported capture of intel may indeed force them to scramble and re-do everything they have been doing/planning to date.
A whole lot of chalkboards are being erased, even as we type! ...someone kicked the anthill!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:46 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,675,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
I'm no conspiracy theorist. And what the military did in killing Osama was absolutely the right thing to do.

But if they don't release the photo due to its particularly gruesome nature, then why not release the DNA evidence? Why not produce photos of a known scar or other identifying characteristic of Osama. Some "proof of death" is important for such a historical event.

However, this may not be what it seems. Obama knows someone will file a Freedom of Information Act request. And then Obama would be forced to produce it. That way Obama looks like he was trying to avoid displaying the photo and only did it after being forced to do so. Maybe...
Just a respectful question here--how does one release DNA evidence? Do you mean release it to outside experts for an impartial assessment?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
sigh......Whatever happened to people using just a little common sense?

Does it not occur to anyone that if the administration and the SEALS were to lie to people and say that they killed bin Laden when in fact they did not, all that bin Laden would have to do is to make an appearance, send a tape, etc. etc. and he would blow them out of the water and damage the U.S. beyond measure?

Now, since bin Laden's greatest wish was to harm the U.S., why in the world would the administration and the SEALS put themselves in a position where he had them at his mercy forever? And why would not bin Laden simply "appear" now and destroy our credibility throughout the world once and for all?

Come on folks. I don't expect some of you to be able to reason your way clear from A to Zed. But surely you can make it from A to B?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
sigh......Whatever happened to people using just a little common sense?

Does it not occur to anyone that if the administration and the SEALS were to lie to people and say that they killed bin Laden when in fact they did not, all that bin Laden would have to do is to make an appearance, send a tape, etc. etc. and he would blow them out of the water and damage the U.S. beyond measure?

Now, since bin Laden's greatest wish was to harm the U.S., why in the world would the administration and the SEALS put themselves in a position where he had them at his mercy forever? And why would not bin Laden simply "appear" now and destroy our credibility throughout the world once and for all?

Come on folks. I don't expect some of you to be able to reason your way clear from A to Zed. But surely you can make it from A to B?
Because he's BEEN DEAD!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:51 PM

396 posts, read 906,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Again, whether or not I can do it is not the point here. I've bolded what you've said to make my point. It can be done. The government has the time and resources to fake a photo. I'm not trying to argue that something isn't fishy here. I'm trying to point out that a photo, although it would silence some, wouldn't cure the doubt of everyone.
Quickly release the photo and you just destroyed that argument. The fact that it exists, but is not being released immediately, is what would raise doubts. You should be releasing all the evidence you have, as long as it doesn't hurt intelligence, immediately.

The fact that Obama hasn't, and won't, raises doubts. Especially with the story constantly changing.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And the reported capture of intel may indeed force them to scramble and re-do everything they have been doing/planning to date.
Why are you sympathizing with them that they would now have to restart?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,844,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No pictures of dead Osama! No proof
Your denial of this reminds me of your denial of him being a US citizen.

And we know how that went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies