Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times

Advertisements

Either Im mistaken or I heard that there was a bounty on Bin Laden's head for 25 million. Since that first night though, I havnt heard another word about it. Do you think it will be paid to the seals who got him? Do you think it should be?

I definately think it should be paid to them and I also think they are the ones who should be getting all the credit for his capture. after all, they are the ones who put their necks on the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 07:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
Either Im mistaken or I heard that there was a bounty on Bin Laden's head for 25 million. Since that first night though, I havnt heard another word about it. Do you think it will be paid to the seals who got him? Do you think it should be?

I definately think it should be paid to them and I also think they are the ones who should be getting all the credit for his capture. after all, they are the ones who put their necks on the line.
It won't, nor should it, get paid.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
why do you think it shouldnt be paid?

Old 05-07-2011, 07:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
SEALS or any military cannot accept rewards, just as if a cop catches a bad guy, no reward, it's their job. You can't collect a reward for doing your job...!! It's the law...!!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:59 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Obama the mastermind is going to claim it.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:59 PM

645 posts, read 1,965,098 times
It definitely won't be paid to the SEALS. They will probably receive medals and or promotions.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
I think the American taxpayer already pays far too much for our Offense Department. Bring the troops home and let them defend our borders for once, and keep a few nukes around in case someone other than us tries to take over the world.

We have accomplished absolutely nothing (except for inciting terrorism and wasting trillions of dollars) by waging endless wars in multiple foreign nations. We could slash our Offense budget by 99% and have MORE security than we do now. The rest of the world wouldn't be nearly so anxious to kill Americans if our leaders didn't use our tax dollars and fine young servicemen to kill thousands of foreigners worldwide for reasons nobody, and certainly not our moronic elected officials, can figure out.

In the modern world where power is defined by money and economics, rather than military action, America is not at risk of being "invaded" or occupied by foreign forces--unless you count the open-door immigration policies and "Free Trade" self-multilation supported by both political parties. With the growing understanding by educated Americans that their government has overgrown, over-spent and over-reached to the point that it now threatens the survival of the entire economy, we have one area to cut that will harm nobody, and in fact will save lives as well as quality of life. The Offense budget of about $674 billion could be replaced by a very small budget of perhaps $500 million to actually Defend the nation.

Then, and only then, we can talk about cutting things like Social Security that working Americans pay their whole lives into.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:39 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,142,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama the mastermind is going to claim it.
I agree. Obama should be given the money to spend on his next election..

Old 05-07-2011, 10:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
That question was asked of someone in the administration---wish I could remember who---but the answer given was that no one person had given them a critical tip to finding bin Laden, that it was an accumulation of material from different sources. So no reward will be paid out.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:00 AM

800 posts, read 508,914 times
I have no proof for this but I'm skeptical that we killed Bin Laden at all, the man was very sick 10 years ago and if he was known by us to have died way back then we wouldn't have had this convenient "reason" that the public was told for going into the middle east. Besides, as pointed out already, thats not only too big of a reward but there should be no extra reward in the first place to simply do your job. A reward represents an additional transfer of wealth from the private sector to someone in the public sector which is about the last thing we need in a withered economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies