Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,167 times

Advertisements

They don't want gays to marry and have a family with the same rights as everyone else. They don't want senior citizens to get medicare/medicade
or social security. They get payoffs from the oil companies and expect us to all pay at the pump. They get payoffs from the drug companies and expect us to do without or pay through the nose. They said they were the party that would protect us but 9/11 happened on their watch. They said they were the physically conservatives but put us in the greatest debt this country has ever seen by going into a war with Iraq instead of going after bin-Laden. They want to take away unions and let the CEO's continue to take away employees' pensions while they keep their golden parachutes. They are great at starting wars but never finish them.
Yes, why do Republicans want to hurt people ? I really want to know.
The only thing I can think of is they're being paid off by the CEO's and large corporations and the rest of us are will get the shaft and they don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 11:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 26,427,822 times
While ignoring Obamas war mongering and unprecedented defense budget.

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
They don't want gays to marry and have a family with the same rights as everyone else. They don't want senior citizens to get medicare/medicade
or social security. They get payoffs from the oil companies and expect us to all pay at the pump. They get payoffs from the drug companies and expect us to do without or pay through the nose. They said they were the party that would protect us but 9/11 happened on their watch. They said they were the physically conservatives but put us in the greatest debt this country has ever seen by going into a war with Iraq instead of going after bin-Laden. They want to take away unions and let the CEO's continue to take away employees' pensions and while they keep their golden parachutes. They are great at starting wars but never finish them.
Yes, why do Republicans want to hurt people ? I really want to know.
The only thing I can think of is they're being paid off by the CEO's and large corporations and the rest of us are will get the shaft and they don't care.

Good questions!

Here's another one.

Why do liberals continually post the same debunked lies?

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
There is a long list of things that can be said for the liberals too.

It's not exclusive.
Your complaint lies with politicians in general.
A portion of your post though is rhetoric put out by Dems to the press though instead of reality.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
You lost me when you blamed 9/11 on Republicans. Such tripe doesn't deserve a dignified response.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
Quote:
Wait, I get to hurt Democrats AND I get paid? Where do I sign up?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:20 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,167 times
The usual Republicans come on here and say things but what you're saying is completely false or what you have heard on Faux News.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
Quote:
The usual Republicans come on here and say things but what you're saying is completely false or what you have heard on Faux News.
If you didn't want Republicans to answer these questions why did you even ask them? Now please, back to the getting paid to hurt ignorant liberals... we need details.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
bzzz, as usual, lefties got it wrong again. Its Democrats that want to hurt people.

Welfare, perpetuates poverty
Social Security, provides people an incentive not to save and invest
Their policies like raising minimum wages and not letting market decide, puts people out of work
Their tax policies encourage offshorting of jobs and money

In fact, there isnt ONE liberal policy which makes people BETTER.. They ALL are setup to encourage a dumbing down of society...

Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
I don't think they want to hurt people, they just want to help the super rich, if it happens to hurt people, oh well, who cares. It's not just the Republicans by the way, Democrats are guilty of this as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies