Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
And then, we have lovable Newt Gingrich

gingrich compares obama to hitler - Google Search

Whenever anyone atarts out a sentence with "The Left", or "The Right", I just assume that they've got a myopic agenda. Batting 1000 so far.
The Right have $$$ with everything they say as opposed to the Left who have emotions hanging off everything they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 03:28 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Right have $$$ with everything they say as opposed to the Left who have emotions hanging off everything they say.
Pretty much puts the two groups in perspective, useless.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:24 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Are saying the repubs get more money then the dems?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Are saying the repubs get more money then the dems?
No, that's not what I mean.

When the Repubs speak it's all about money coming out of their mouths.
When the Dems speak it's all about feel good social justice coming out of their mouths.

$$$ vs emotions

Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
deporting employers who hire illlegals isn't a bad idea.

they wouldn't like that very much, i bet, but why should taxpayers provide them with 3 meals a day?

the best idea is just to stop aid to mexico until they get it under control ON THEIR SIDE.

it's really their problem, not ours.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Thank you all for the factual information on the illegal immigration problem that has been presented on this thread. Reading this has been very informative. I have learned a lot about the situation and the severe threat illegal’s are to the American Way of Life. Thank you again.

Last edited by GregW; 05-16-2011 at 09:15 AM..

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
No, that's not what I mean.

When the Repubs speak it's all about money coming out of their mouths.
When the Dems speak it's all about feel good social justice coming out of their mouths.

$$$ vs emotions
So then one could make the case that the GOP is really the American party, representing the free market, capitalism and consumerism?

I'm with VTSteve...useless!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
So then one could make the case that the GOP is really the American party, representing the free market, capitalism and consumerism?

I'm with VTSteve...useless!
Yes..both are useless. Americans are just revenue streams for them and their agendas. Work, pay taxes and shut up cause we know what's best.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Default One man's skepticism is another man's cynicism...

Quote:
Yes..both are useless. Americans are just revenue streams for them and their agendas. Work, pay taxes and shut up cause we know what's best.
I'd love to hear what the SadTexan would have to say...

I'll up the ante so-to-speak...

It probably isn't either party's agenda that's the issue. If this logic holds, there is a far more nefarious force at work and the parties are just diversions. This type of thinking gains steam as the wealth of the country continues to consolidate into the hands of the wealthy minority.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I'd love to hear what the SadTexan would have to say...

I'll up the ante so-to-speak...

It probably isn't either party's agenda that's the issue. If this logic holds, there is a far more nefarious force at work and the parties are just diversions. This type of thinking gains steam as the wealth of the country continues to consolidate into the hands of the wealthy minority.
There's obviously some truth to this, many believe in "The Playbook". If you look at what's happened with the Obama administration in two years time, there haven't really been any major foreign policy changes, nor have there been programs cancelled willy nilly. In fact, true Liberals have been amazed at how much better Obama has been being Bush, than Bush himself was.

Yet the partisan rancor has been at least as loud against Obama than it was against Bush. Groupthink lives on. Politics is more a professions now, handled and managed by throng of political consultants and staffers. They know for sure that at least 75% of their respective parties will fall in line when needed. Each party will have their opponents attack ideas and policies, even if the opponents were the ones that originally created them.

This is why most, but certainly not all, Presidents move towards a pragmatic approach, meaning the center, on many major issues. But when they campaign, they have to move towards the fringe. Since Obama has done the same, his opponents have to continue to pound home the perception that he's still a fringe player. The real test of every President is during the second term, when they can really put into place their legacy, and do the right thing for the country, not just a party. Bush was a total disappointment to me in that regard, but the Dems were unfocused and unprincipled, and could not deliver a candidate good enough to articulate a reason for change.

Parties are there for the voters, much like a footballs game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies