Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I get that, and it's understandable, but why get heavily involved in things like Planned Parenthood and making it look like a president is behind it.

You see money going into the coffers of political candidates and their campaign and that is fundamentally wrong. This goes for the right too.

These two have become two fat cat financial lobbies and it's money underneath the table, that is all it comes down to.

I actually went to a planned parenthood to find out if I was pregnant with my first, the one that was forced on me. They listened to me, gave me my options and phone numbers of both doctors to abort or keep and adoption centers as well as mental health. I cried they listened and tried to help. At least that is what they were like back in 86.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 01:52 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Neither is it the woman who tried to protect herself or was forced. Why should she have to carry it when she didn't want it?

I have four kids as well. One was forced upon me by someone I thought liked me. I kept him, but I know the feeling and what I had to go through. The choice needs to be there for the woman that need to make that choice or they could go to extremes.
Ray Bradbury might have written..."first the body...then the mind..." when describing future government involvement in our lives. It is a serious matter in terms of liberty. You know, that thing that makes being American unique.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:18 PM

865 posts, read 623,209 times
Quote:
Neither is it the woman who tried to protect herself or was forced. Why should she have to carry it when she didn't want it?
I don't disagree...in my second paragraph I said that I wouldn't be opposed to it in those cases.

BTW, much respect for keeping your child.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
I actually went to a planned parenthood to find out if I was pregnant with my first, the one that was forced on me. They listened to me, gave me my options and phone numbers of both doctors to abort or keep and adoption centers as well as mental health. I cried they listened and tried to help. At least that is what they were like back in 86.
What do you mean forced

If they do just that, I can empathize with them.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:47 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
On the other hand, I sort of get miffed at Obama's open support to orgs like PP and the like.

I wish these guys would keep their bums out of the issue on the whole. Leave it to the Judiciary or something.
The judiciary has already spoken on the issue: Roe v. Wade.

As for funding abortion, I'm not to keen on it myself, but it's not a terribly big deal to me.

Of course, most of what we have heard from the GOP on how much PP uses money for abortions was horse****...Kyl, LOL.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I don't disagree...in my second paragraph I said that I wouldn't be opposed to it in those cases.
Oh, so in that circumstance, it's not murder?

Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM

165 posts, read 138,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Oh, so in that circumstance, it's not murder?
Murder is a legal term. Quit throwing it around like it's something you understand.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav View Post
Being pro choice means you do not impose your beliefs on others. You fully support any woman's right to have an abortion or NOT to have an abortion. You believe abortion is a social issue, not a moral and religious issue. You believe in keeping government out of it.

If you're pro-life, it means (usually) you wish to impose your belief legislatively, and you vote that way. Your belief must be EVERYONE'S belief, under pain of imprisonment, or fines.

Big difference, IMO. That's why you're a "d1ck", as you say.
In General^^^^^^^^^^^this posts sums it up!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav View Post
Murder is a legal term. Quit throwing it around like it's something you understand.
Ooooh, burn. You're so tough.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:21 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
What do you mean forced

If they do just that, I can empathize with them.
Date rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies