Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:46 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times

Advertisements

Anyone Surprised Obamanomics Has Completely Failed?

Well, for one thing - it sounds like a disease
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
From the first day of his Administration President Obama and his advisers promised that the biggest Keynesian “stimulus” ever attempted, in the form of Trillions in deficit spending and massive government intervention in the private sector economy would somehow bring prosperity and jobs. They promised 3.7 million additional jobs by the end of 2010. Instead, there were 2.8 million fewer jobs.

In the first 26 months of the Obama Administration government debt grew $3.6 trillion, a stunning 34%. But the economy remains precariously weak and unemployment remains at record highs.

If Keynesian stimulus worked as the progressives insisted it would, America would now be enjoying prosperity with full employment and rising wages. Instead this recovery from recession has significantly underperformed compared to previous recoveries, especially the Reagan recovery of the 1980s when government’s strategy was to lower taxes, deregulate andallow liberty to work.

1st Quarter GDP: An Epitaph on ObamaNomics | Liberty Works | (http://libertyworks.com/1st-quarter-gdp-an-epitaph-on-obamanomics/ - broken link)
When you need an economy fixed, hire someone who knows the economy, like a buisnessman.

If you need some doors knocked on, hire a community organizer.

Who, in their right mind, actually thought that such an inexperienced fool could ever effectively lead the largest economy in the world???? It is simply amazing that people actually voted for this man.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Your glorious Dems were making the bank laws giving no look loans to everyone, that wasn't a Bush deal.
It was totally a Bush deal. And he had a GOP congress, too.

Quote:
He addressed that he saw a problem with that, then 9-11 hit us and he went into war mode.
Congress kept screwing up the banks, and you know the rest.
I know, but obviously you're not up to speed.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The economy is working for me and my acquaintances as we still have jobs, so it is being fixed. If we stopped military spending and controlled immigration of both laborers and professionals it would get fixed faster. If we instituted an income tax at 1950 levels the economy would prosper.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The economy is working for me and my acquaintances as we still have jobs, so it is being fixed. If we stopped military spending and controlled immigration of both laborers and professionals it would get fixed faster. If we instituted an income tax at 1950 levels the economy would prosper.
an additional loss of one milloin private sector jobs since the wasted stimulus spending says that the economy isn't being fixed.

i am with you on the wasted military spending and the open immigration damaging our country, though.

you can hide a lot of financial fraud in war spending, and patriots don't want to complain because they don't want to be seen as unpatrotic for questioning military spending.

somebody needs to seriously audit the pentagon.

from the pentagon:

The department says it's this enormous size that complicates its financial reporting.

"The DOD obligates an average of $2 billion to $3 billion EVERY BUSINESS DAY and handles hundreds of thousands of payment transactions, which take place in thousands of worldwide locations, including war zones," the Defense Department said in its latest financial report. "Because of DOD's size and mission requirements, it is not feasible to deploy a vast number of accountants to manually reconcile our books."

what?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Did Bush sign the stimulus, effective immediately, with the guarantee that the stimulus would show results the moment it was signed? Remember the 2001 job growth (part of that "conservative" 20 million jobs added mantra)?
Jan 2001: 111.634 million
Jan 2003: 108.640 million

Private sector jobs lost: 2.994 million. I say, not only were fewer jobs lost despite a more severe recession, the private employment is actually on the rise since Jan 2011 compared to Jan 2003 when it continued to march downwards for several more months.
Liberal failure yet again.. The job growth "stimulus" didnt take effect until 2003.. Why would you go back and point out the difference between 2001 - 2003, a period of recession? Ironically, isnt this the same period of time during the Bush presidency, that we are in right now under Obama, and you continue to say that Obamas "job losses", are not his fault? The partisan bs from you guys will never cease to amaze me.. Bush gets the blame for recession from day 1 he takes office, Obama gets a 4 year pass.. I get it.. you guys are being played for fools again.. haha
Quote:
Part of the reason would be your posts, I like having them on top, for all to see.
So you like people seeing how you get "educated" time and time again? Thats your choice..

Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
It has taken 18 months to see private sector employment exceed the level it had at the end of the recession in 2009. It took 30 months for the same after the end of 2001 recession.
its time to educate liberals yet again.. Dont you ever get tired of this?

1) The job creation "tax cuts" didnt take effect until 2003.. So stop selectively pulling figures from 2001 - 2003 because you are embarssing yourself..
2) The unemployment rate was far lower under Bush during this period of time, so obviously it would take longer to reach the same growth..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Wow, I still have a job as well, so I guess we can thank Obama for all of the hard work i've done to make sure I continue to earn a living..

Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
50,000 were created in one day by McDonalds and conservatives were saying "Those jobs don't count". Apparently, all those minimum wage jobs Bush created did.
Actually average incomes rose during Bushs term, while they were falling during clintons... Once again, liberals show they hate people earning more, and love people earning less.. Odd.. I know

Old 05-18-2011, 07:02 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default Obamanomics, oratory solutions to economic problems

An important part of Obamanomics is the complicity of the media propaganda machine which creates the reality that supports Obama.
Who else can receive a Nobel Peace prize for doing nothing, much like the credentials he used to become president... non existent.

the media tried to sell Obama as a great Orator, nice try. The media propagandists hoped that would equate to the sale of Obama being a great communicator. He is the worst communicator that ever was handed an election.

Which brings up another component of the success of Obamanomics, his rabid minnions who will vote for him no matter what happens.

Wonder if we asked that lady from Detroit who was so happy Obama was elected and was convinced Obama would pay her bills from 'his stash'? That pretty much sums up Obamanomics and clarifies who supports it.

Obamanomics is another myth in a long string of fantasy that the media has perpetrated on the electorate.

Lest we not forget the OMB who has to take the data provided, no matter how invalid or error ridden the file it may be and are obliged to run the numbers as is. It is a 'heads down' process. This loans itself to be the tennis ball politicians hit back and forth to befuddle the citizens.
the impramater of the OMB has to be taken with a grain of salt. GIGO as they say, garbage in garbage out. If big pharma ran their statistical programs like the OMB is mandated to do, there would be dead patients littering the streets.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Liberal failure yet again.. The job growth "stimulus" didnt take effect until 2003.. Why would you go back and point out the difference between 2001 - 2003, a period of recession?
There was a recession in 2002 and 2003? What the heck were the Bush administration and the republican congress doing for THREE years? Praying to God, to the invisible hands? And to think you're the same kind of folks who have incessantly whined about the recession 2007-2009 recession as not being fixed on day 1 or even two years down the road, much less that it took "so long" to fix the Great Depression.

I don't know if it has to do with just the attitude, or capacity. I'm hoping it is the latter for I find it hard to believe that an American would wish for continued debacle only for political gains.

BTW, 2003 tax cuts was round two (or three). The first Bush tax cut was passed in 2001 and retroactively applied to the beginning of the year. It was the slow growth that prompted a larger, $800B cut in 2003. But it wasn't until relaxing leverage ratios for mega banks and free fall with the derivatives and having FM/FM to back up the whims of the privateers that the economy started to appear growing, when in fact it was also being propped by interest rate cuts every few months, the perfect recipe for an economic disaster that you couldn't get enough of, clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies