Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:19 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not as much as you think. Both of my kids graduated from college in the recent past. It's not nearly as scary as Glenn, etc make it out to be.
Well, this thread is actually not about college, since you persist. The book is geared toward parents of school aged children; mainly grade school, of which I have two. My anecdotal experience and opinion is a bit different than yours - and a bit more current.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav View Post
Left is all about perspective. When you're a science-denying dullard, just about anyone enlightened or well-read is considered "Left."

Doesn't mean it is from an objective standpoint.
Is that directed towards me? If so, you should read my posts and do your best to actually comprehend them. But I never tire of the "liberals are smarter" smug, arrogant, elitist attitude.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Well, this thread is actually not about college, since you persist. The book is geared toward parents of school aged children; mainly grade school, of which I have two. My anecdotal experience and opinion is a bit different than yours - and a bit more current.
I didn't bring up college, someone else did. My college anecdotal experience dates from two years ago. Yours?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM

165 posts, read 138,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Is that directed towards me? If so, you should read my posts and do your best to actually comprehend them. But I never tire of the "liberals are smarter" smug, arrogant, elitist attitude.
Do you feel like it's directed at you?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
I Really didn't learn about politics till 7th grade civics. It didn't seem to have a liberal bias to me. All of my math and grammar classes didn't seem to have a liberal bias to me. Same goes for science. I don't know how music class can have a liberal bias.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav View Post
Do you feel like it's directed at you?
You responded to my post, so yes I figured it to be a good possibility. My other posts state the opposite of your statement, hence the confusion.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:21 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
I am glad our school systems present something to hopefully inoculate kids to the incessant Right Wing propaganda, racism and lies they will face for the rest of their lives.

The Narrative That Won't Die. Yawn.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
After hearing his eleven year old daughter come home from elementary school day after day reporting all the anticapitalism indoctrination she was subjected to, Joe Kernan of CNBC's Squawk Box has written a book called, "Your Teacher Said What?!" The book is designed to help parents present a fair and balanced view of what is going on in the world today because they are not getting it in school.

Its sad that parents have to do the teaching to fight this pervasive bias in schools and the media. But, it is true and something we all need to do in order to defend our children from the "liberal assault on capitalism."

Watch the video. In it you will see Joe and his daughter, Blake give many examples of the subtle and not-so-subtle liberal bias being presented to our school children everyday, like the 3rd grade mock election, where 8 year olds had a choice of voting for three candidates described as, a) one who cares for the environment, b)one who cares for business or c)one who cares for people!

For those who don't have kids in public school, you may not realize the pervasiveness of this liberal bias/indoctrination in all grades, all subjects. If you want your child to learn about the other side of things; e.g., not all businessmen are bad (they too can care about people!, there are sound arguments against man made global warming, etc., you will need to teach it yourself.

U.S. - FoxNews.com
You realize when you start equating liberal with bias, that reveals your own conservative bias. Unbiased is neither liberal nor conservative.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The education system, especially on the college level, is notorious for leaning left. To deny that is being intellectually dishonest.
I would say it really varies from school to school. I've studied part-time at three colleges so far and each one of them had unique political leanings. I also went to two schools growing up and one was very left-leaning and the other very right-leaning. One college I went to was very right-leaning because it was located in a part of the country that is very right-leaning. The other two are in D.C. One is left-leaning and the other is actually pretty politically balanced, which is unusual for D.C.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not as much as you think. Both of my kids graduated from college in the recent past. It's not nearly as scary as Glenn, etc make it out to be.
Exactly. I'm in college and having been to several places, I have gained perspective in terms of schools. The political climate of school really just depends on the school you go to.

OP, there are plenty of colleges you can go to (or send your kids to) that teach conservative values.

10 Most Conservative Colleges | Online Universities

http://www.yaf.org/topconservativecolleges.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies