Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I just came across one of the best and most comprehensive summaries of the Trends that are Ruining the US economy (such as loss of manufacturing, retirement of the Baby Boom, health care), here: 11 Long-Term Trends Ruining the U.S. Economy - Seeking Alpha. It was written a couple of years ago and all the problems have continued and gotten much worse, as predicted.

While all of these trends have been discussed on these forums individually, when looking at all of them together as contributing to the devastation of our economy, the future looks very bleak and nothing is being done about ANY of them.

I'd like comments, particularly from those who DON'T think the US economy is currently collapsing. Are there good trends/signs to point to (other than that the US is "too big to fail")? I'd really like to think I have a few more years to prepare, but is that realistic considering the extent and constant acceleration of these problems?
A little over a year till the end of Obama and control of anything in the House and Senate seems to suggest it could turn around some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you so much, for not being ignorant to the facts. You really do get it don't you, at least you understand that some of us who have worked dang hard to achieve success, deserve what it is we have earned, and believe me we pay in taxes, anyone want to trade my taxes for theirs, i welcome you come on lets go. I don't respect the lazy, or others who point fingers so readily at what they perceive to be rich, we are not talking celebrity status rich, but a very comfortable lifestyle, that those who worked hard to achieve, should not have to pay the price for that, by giving to those greedy little leeches.

I have many wealthy family members, and believe me they pay thru the nose i would say something else, that would not be ladylike would it.
You know it.

I know that those that achieve success do more than their fair share. And they also get to keep more of what they earn compared to those that do not earn as much. And why not? They've earned it! Earn is the operative word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies