Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
When are they going to take that mile? Seriously, it's all hype.
They will take the mile at their leisure because you never thought they would go that far. They count on you to trust them. Your horror at their final solutions will be the moment they counted on from the beginning. You will be powerless to stop them. I am truly amazed at the number of people who stopped using their five (or more) senses. Honestly, the Patriot Act stunk from day one. And it's quite obvious it was written well in advance of 9/11 which suggests motive. When are they going to take that mile? you ask. Definitely before everybody wakes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 08:31 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
They will take the mile at their leisure because you never thought they would go that far. They count on you to trust them. Your horror at their final solutions will be the moment they counted on from the beginning. You will be powerless to stop them. I am truly amazed at the number of people who stopped using their five (or more) senses. Honestly, the Patriot Act stunk from day one. And it's quite obvious it was written well in advance of 9/11 which suggests motive. When are they going to take that mile? you ask. Definitely before everybody wakes up.
LOL..Look, I'm not a trojan horse guy. I'm not a boogeyman guy. If you're going to make claims like "you will be powerless to stop them", you're going to have to provide evidence, period. Conservatives have spent the last 3 years saying the same nonsense about Obama. This nonsense isn't any different.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:31 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh it must be a "large segment" of the population for it to matter.?....whew!.

That makes me feel better. I'll just try and go with flow and not make any waves.
Why are you so worried about the Patriot Act ? Do you have ties to a terrorist group like Al Qaeda ? Or do you have ties to a street gang like MS-13 ? Or do you have ties to an organized crime group like La Cosa Nostra ? Do you have ties to a hate group like the Nation Of Islam or the KKK ?

I personally have ZERO ties to any of those groups. I am a law abiding citizien so the Patriot Act has absolutely no effect on my life what so ever.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Millions of Americans have their emails searched by the Fed without a government warrant.

That's but one of the Patriot Act's results.

You obviously don't care about increased power of the Fed to search Americans private communications and stored data without a warrant.
Have you been prevented from using your email? Has your email been searched? Would you even know? "That's but one of the Patriot Act's results"..What results, identifying American based terror cells? Sounds good to me. Again, I haven't heard anybody complaining about emails or anything, people are glued to there apple devices all damn day. We have not lost anything.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Why are you so worried about the Patriot Act ? Do you have ties to a terrorist group like Al Qaeda ? Or do you have ties to a street gang like MS-13 ? Or do you have ties to an organized crime group like La Cosa Nostra ? Do you have ties to a hate group like the Nation Of Islam or the KKK ?

I personally have ZERO ties to any of those groups. I am a law abiding citizien so the Patriot Act has absolutely no effect on my life what so ever.
Spoken like a true authoritarian. Every tin pot dictator, and despot has used the same line of reasoning when their victims objected to illegal searches.

Why do you care? What do you have to hide?

If you object....that makes you suspicious.

Authoritarians are the same all over the World.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Spoken like a true authoritarian. Every tin pot dictator, and despot has used the same line of reasoning when their victims objected to illegal searches.

What does any of that have to do with the patriot act? The patriot act has taken nothing from you.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:43 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,034 times
Quote:

If you are a law abiding citizen than Uncle Sam and his "evil" Patriot Act can't lock you up behind bars, it's that simple.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Have you been prevented from using your email? Has your email been searched? Would you even know? "That's but one of the Patriot Act's results"..What results, identifying American based terror cells? Sounds good to me. Again, I haven't heard anybody complaining about emails or anything, people are glued to there apple devices all damn day. We have not lost anything.
Oh because I don't know if my emails have been searched that's a good thing?

And our glorious leaders now and in the future would never abuse that.

Not because a Judge is overseeing them...but because they are "good people" like me.

That's brings us to another fiasco your type of faulty logic has brought us.

The President can now have entire court cases thrown out on his claim of "states secret"...not just a particular piece of evidence in that case.

A license to break the law thanks to civil liberty know nothings such as those on this thread.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
LOL..Look, I'm not a trojan horse guy. I'm not a boogeyman guy. If you're going to make claims like "you will be powerless to stop them", you're going to have to provide evidence, period. Conservatives have spent the last 3 years saying the same nonsense about Obama. This nonsense isn't any different.
You seem to be like most people who take things at face value without noting how much power is at stake in practically everything. And a brief look at history will clearly provide enough examples where power was abused. You still claim that as long as we have the right to vote, we'll be OK. Sorry, I wouldn't trust our elective process if you paid me. It is the illusion of a choice that keeps people from bothering with the tough questions. How much more fake can it get?

I can't cite specific sections of the law, but the Patriot Act allows the government to forcibly inoculate you against your will in the event of some biological attack. And the pharmaceutical companies even managed to get a free pass! They are exempt from any lawsuits if those drugs cause side effects or death. There are other such examples if you look. Just because they haven't been acted upon doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

How do you explain the sheer complexity of the bill (written almost as a surgical dissection of other existing laws, effectively rendering them moot), or the fact that it wasn't read by anyone before passage? Why write a bill so extensive if there was no intention of it being used? It was clearly written in advance of 9/11 as a power grab for some future time when our rights would get in the way of whatever they (the elite) have planned.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
What does any of that have to do with the patriot act? The patriot act has taken nothing from you.
What do you have to do with Tigerblood? I was responding to him as the quote clearly indicates.

That makes me suspicious. Are you Tigerblood as well? Turn your password over to me if you have nothing to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies