Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:35 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Middle class is not affluent.

I never said there were not differences between the financial status of blacks and whites, but there seems to be a large amount of misinformation on this site that paints the image of most blacks being lazy or destitute and most whites being well off.
That was kind of the insinuation with the whole posting of the thread.

Everyone knows that not ALL or MOST blacks are poor, and not ALL or MOST whites are rich.

What's the point of the thread, since we already know this to be fact?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Not what you said. Either way, it still is not most, so what's the point of bringing it up? In no way does it refute what I said.

Hardly. There are countless threads throughout that hint at these assertions...by both blacks and whites; Democrats and Republicans. This is not nearly as one sided as some of you are suggesting.
Nobody can refute what you said. What you stated is fact. We all know this. So what's your point, aside from race-baiting?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:40 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Well, considering that I nor any other poster here stated that "most" blacks or whites are anything....

25% or 33%...not a whole lot of difference. It's too many, period.

And what couldn't I wait for? I posted when I saw the thread, it's not my fault you happened to post the thread right before I refreshed the main P&OC page.
No. After Edward's post, you came in and suggested that there was some information he presented that was being refuted.

Quote:

Black people in general (at least on C-D) do not like to acknowledge the facts about their race. The OP is one such black person that I have gotten into it with on numerous occasions. I am supposedly racist b/c I state facts and statistics regarding blacks versus whites. Just wait, anyone who posts on this thread will be next to be labeled a racist!
What exactly was I not acknowledging? My post was not intended to say that there were no differences in the income levels of blacks. You then went on to suggest that I would start accusing people of racism. Your post was completely uncalled for.

I think what happened is you tried to play the Black Denial card, and it didn't work.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Nobody can refute what you said. What you stated is fact. We all know this. So what's your point, aside from race-baiting?
No one even hinted at racism or the difference in ideals between blacks and whites until you brought it up. If anyone's doing the baiting, it's you.

I've already stated my point for this thread. I'm not repeating myself.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
No. After Edward's post, you came in and suggested that there was some information he presented that was being refuted.
No, I didn't.

Quote:

What exactly was I not acknowledging? My post was not intended to say that there were no differences in the income levels of blacks. You then went on to suggest that I would start accusing people of racism. Your post was completely uncalled for.
You and basically all the other blacks on C-D refuse to acknowledge that your race has quite a few problems, both economic and social. I don't need a new thread to tell me that, I was speaking from experience, and jokingly telling the other poster to just get ready to be called a racist, just as I have been. You have accused me of racism on multiple occasions, so no, my post was not uncalled for, not at all. Again, refusing to acknowledge the truth.

Quote:
I think what happened is you tried to play the Black Denial card, and it didn't work.
The wha?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
No one even hinted at racism or the difference in ideals between blacks and whites until you brought it up. If anyone's doing the baiting, it's you.

I've already stated my point for this thread. I'm not repeating myself.
Until I brought it up? Go take a look at your first page of posts there.

I hope you don't repeat yourself, then I won't have to repeat myself.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
No, I didn't.

You and basically all the other blacks on C-D refuse to acknowledge that your race has quite a few problems, both economic and social. I don't need a new thread to tell me that, I was speaking from experience, and jokingly telling the other poster to just get ready to be called a racist, just as I have been. You have accused me of racism on multiple occasions, so no, my post was not uncalled for, not at all. Again, refusing to acknowledge the truth.

The wha?
What racial, ethnic, or social group in this country doesn't have problems?

Why does it seem that White Americans seems to almost relish talking about problems related to Black Ameicans yet tend to be very quiet about or even try to minimize problems that affect sectors of White America?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
This thread is a classic example of certain types of White people attempting to maintain the status quo. They have a vested interest in maintaining a Black underclass. I have always noticed that, in general, White people tend resent Black's who have accomplished greatness (especially if it is more than they have and if they are unable to benefit directly from it) and tend to vilify Blacks who have less. According to many Whites, if a Black person attened a better school or has a better job, it was because of Affirmative Action. If a Black person has a better home or car, they sold drugs to get it.

Black people need to continually remind our children and ourselves that we live amongst an enemy called racial bigotry. We need to educate our children to remember how many of these people really think. We must never forget that it was only 50+ years ago when we couldn't even drink from the same water fountain and use the same restroom as White people. We must never forget that White people did not want Black children to be educated in the same schools. We must never forget that Black people were lynched and murdered for demanding their equal rights as Americans. My parents and grandparents never let me lose sight of the fact that I would need to be twice as good as a White person to get on half as much; that I needed to strive to be the best. And its an undeniable truth.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
No one was talking about that, though. In THIS thread. You admit to bringing that topic out of thin air = baiter.

All I did was start a thread expressing my frustration with the way people manipulate facts. You replied to Edward, and targeted me indirectly on issues that were not even being addressed. From what I can tell, no one in this thread was going against anything he said, or was prepared to call him a racist. Again, your post was uncalled for. I had every intention of this being as civil a thread as possible, without any discussion of the difference in ideals between blacks and whites, and you have recklessly interrupted that.

I can see where this is going. I know you're desperate to have the last word, but there is going to come a time in your life where you will just have to accept that you're wrong, suck it up, and move on.

I can admit to there being times in the past where I have become abrasive in threads where unpleasant facts about blacks were discussed, so now it's time for you to admit that you are an unapologetic instigator.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This thread is a classic example of certain types of White people attempting to maintain the status quo. They have a vested interest in maintaining a Black underclass. I have always noticed that, in general, White people tend resent Black's who have accomplished greatness (especially if it is more than they have and if they are unable to benefit directly from it) and tend to vilify Blacks who have less. According to many Whites, if a Black person attened a better school or has a better job, it was because of Affirmative Action. If a Black person has a better home or car, they sold drugs to get it.

Black people need to continually remind our children and ourselves that we live amongst an enemy called racial bigotry. We need to educate our children to remember how many of these people really think. We must never forget that it was only 50+ years ago when we couldn't even drink from the same water fountain and use the same restroom as White people. We must never forget that White people did not want Black children to be educated in the same schools. We must never forget that Black people were lynched and murdered for demanding their equal rights as Americans. My parents and grandparents never let me lose sight of the fact that I would need to be twice as good as a White person to get on half as much; that I needed to strive to be the best. And its an undeniable truth.
Sounds like a good way to raise racist kids. How about teaching them that everyone is equal no matter what anybody else says, teaching them that yes, there have been undue hardships in the past for blacks, but not focusing on the race issue when telling our children to strive for the best? I'd rather not breed divisiveness and enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies