Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

I have a theory about radio ratings of all shows. If gas is so expensive, people aren't driving around in their cars at midday listening to the radio like they used to. I bet most people listen to talk radio in their cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ahhh nope, just look at some of your posts....

Ahh nope, your post just proves my point.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess his radio listeners are getting weary of being angry all day

Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months

This story is all over the Internet and although I'm not a big Rush fan and an even lesser Hannity fan, the way the story was written sounded fishy. Why the mention of Don Imus in the same article? Rush and Hannity are syndicated....I don't think Imus is....if he is, not nearly as much so....so why the mention?

Well if you notice, the story is copied word for word where ever you find it on the Internet. It refers to Arbitron as the source for the ratings numbers but, then it mentions Crain's Business too....but, there's no link to Crain's. Well if you google Crain's you'll find that the real story (as others have mentioned I now see), is that they're only talking about WABC in New York.

This story is all over the place....Huffington's got it on a couple of pages....and then it looks like it was copied from there....but, that's just my guess. The point is, they very conveniently left out that they're only talking about one station. This is the way the media and politicians lie....they lie through omission.

Quote:
Top-rated Mr. Limbaugh has taken the biggest fall. He had a 3.0 share of listeners for his WABC-AM midday slot—a 33% slide from October and from last April. Mr. Hannity’s afternoon show was down 28% from its fall peak, as was fellow conservative Mark Levin’s evening program.

Numbers for the station’s more centrist personalities—Don Imus in the morning and John Batchelor at night—were both up from a year earlier.
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article.../SUB/110529982

Old 05-25-2011, 03:01 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
He's #1 in the country because he has about 1 million stations.
But he's not #1 in all the major cities.
There's many cities where other people are beating him.
Does that surprise you? Common sense says MOST people who live in those big cities are liberal and vote democrat. Since they didn't support Air America they are left with The View and Oprah for their news.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
I will take Rush over this any day....

Attached Thumbnails
Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months-behar.jpg  

Old 05-25-2011, 06:05 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have a theory about radio ratings of all shows. If gas is so expensive, people aren't driving around in their cars at midday listening to the radio like they used to. I bet most people listen to talk radio in their cars.
I think you should get a prize . Many will car pool and would rather talk than listen.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,130 times
you betcha!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
All the middle class Republicans just lost thier houses to foreclosure...

Old 05-25-2011, 07:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Talk about lies and spin, that something that Rush and his minions know lots about. As far as his ratings, all that proves is that there are lots of very ignorant and stupid republicans out there.
Um....democrats and liberal listen to Rush..on a regular basis.

It just KILLS the Left that 25-30 million people each week listen to Rush.

Kinda puts a cramp in the leftist monopoly on what is "news", doesn't it?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
He's #1 in the country because he has about 1 million stations.
But he's not #1 in all the major cities.
There's many cities where other people are beating him.
Where did he start? With ONE.

There is no denying the wildly successful enterprise that is RUSH.

He IS #1 in the country. NAME those that beat him.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:45 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,570,627 times
The lefties also can't stand the fact that O'Reilly trounces everybody on MSNBC & CNN every night as well.

That story was indeed referring only to ratings for NYC radio stations, but the format continues to thrive nationwide, and there's no end in sight, especially with a Presidential election less than 18 months away.

Radio continues to reach over 90% of the nation's population every day according to Arbitron, and that number has barely moved for decades, since satellite radio is an also-ran insofar as weekly listeners are concerned.

The lefties cannot stand that Limbaugh, Hannity & Beck dominate the radio landscape to go along with their equally humungous stranglehold on cable news channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies