Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,628 times

Advertisements

Romney is the best chance they'll ever have this time around. Of course he has to pass the Republican crazy test, which he'll flunk even before he gets to the 'baggers. If the GOP continues to cater to these people they are guaranteed to lose 2012.

Quote:
WASHINGTON – A top goal of the nation’s most influential national Tea Party group is to stop Mitt Romney from winning the Republican nomination for president.

Interviews with top officials at FreedomWorks, a Washington-based organizing hub for Tea Party activists around the country, revealed that much of their thinking about the 2012 election revolves around derailing the former Massachusetts governor.
FreedomWorks' Goal: Stop Mitt Romney In 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 09:07 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Romney is the best chance they'll ever have this time around. Of course he has to pass the Republican crazy test, which he'll flunk even before he gets to the 'baggers. If the GOP continues to cater to these people they are guaranteed to lose 2012.

So in your mind it's a bad thing that voters reject a candidate that does not represent their values just because that candidate has name recognition and the letter of their party follows that name.

Party over principles is not a policy that individuals that actually value their personal beliefs would support.

By the way "Baggers" is an utterly juvenile term that speaks poorly as to the level of maturity of those using it.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,251 times
Go teabaggers!!! We don't need suspense and Mitt's the only rep that has a remote chance of making it suspenseful..Break out the mispelled signs and get your teabagging on!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Go teabaggers!!! We don't need suspense and Mitt's the only rep that has a remote chance of making it suspenseful..Break out the mispelled signs and get your teabagging on!
You should really add a few LOLs to that.

Does your mother know you're using her computer?

Welcome to ignore.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
Quote:

How do you know who would be the strongest Republican candidate? Since you have the need to use the juvenile "bagger" term, you kind of forfeit having much of an opinion about Republican politics.

Also, this is no different than what the Democrats do when the liberals get into a bit of a tussle with their party Blue Dogs.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
So in your mind it's a bad thing that voters reject a candidate that does not represent their values just because that candidate has name recognition and the letter of their party follows that name.

Party over principles is not a policy that individuals that actually value their personal beliefs would support.

By the way "Baggers" is an utterly juvenile term that speaks poorly as to the level of maturity of those using it.
How is it juvenile? I dropped the "tea" to accommodate those who were complaining about the sexual innuendo (when there was never any meant) yet you complain about this too? I'm sorry you are so sensitive, that's not my problem.

I think it's an unwise and foolish thing to ignore reality. Reality is that moderates and Indy voters swing elections. The Republicans stick to their fringe base and then attack anybody in the GOP who dare acknowledge the middle ground (rational thinking.)

The GOP field is extremely weak this election. Romney is probably their best bet to beat Obama, but like clockwork the GOP will turn on this guy and ruin the chance they have (Just as they turned on Ron Paul, their best bet in 08.) The Christian wing despises him because he is Mormon, and the 'baggers are now starting to set their sights on him.

Even more perplexing is watching their zealots advocate and cheer this insanity. Are you guys interested in having a chance or merely appeasing your AM radio talking heads?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
How is it juvenile? I dropped the "tea" to accommodate those who were complaining about the sexual innuendo (when there was never any meant) yet you complain about this too? I'm sorry you are so sensitive, that's not my problem.

I think it's an unwise and foolish thing to ignore reality. Reality is that moderates and Indy voters swing elections. The Republicans stick to their fringe base and then attack anybody in the GOP who dare acknowledge the middle ground (rational thinking.)

The GOP field is extremely weak this election. Romney is probably their best bet to beat Obama, but like clockwork the GOP will turn on this guy and ruin the chance they have (Just as they turned on Ron Paul, their best bet in 08.) The Christian wing despises him because he is Mormon, and the 'baggers are now starting to set their sights on him.

Even more perplexing is watching their zealots advocate and cheer this insanity. Are you guys interested in having a chance or merely appeasing your AM radio talking heads?
It's fairly obvious the premise of my post was lost on you (aside from the juvenile "Bagger" nonsense you attempted to defend).

Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
How do you know who would be the strongest Republican candidate? Since you have the need to use the juvenile "bagger" term, you kind of forfeit having much of an opinion about Republican politics.

Also, this is no different than what the Democrats do when the liberals get into a bit of a tussle with their party Blue Dogs.
Spare me. I've used 'bagger for months now and there is nothing malicious in it's intent. First you guys bellyached about "teabagger" (it's not my fault you are hyper focused on sex) and now you're upset about this. Frankly it appears you are just trying to find something to latch on to rather than address the point of the thread: The GOP are notoriously self destructive and are bound to ********** election too, just as they did in 08.

How do I know who would be the strongest GOP candidate? Common sense. Those who appeal to Indy voters swing elections. Those on the far left, or far right do not. Romney is appealing, charismatic and mild mannered. He lacks the jr. high vitriol and crazy talk people like Palin and Bachman love to throw around. He has his problems, but of the crappy field the GOP has, he's their best bet in regards to appealing to the center.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
It's fairly obvious the premise of my post was lost on you (aside from the juvenile "Bagger" nonsense you attempted to defend).
So in other words you are solely latching on to that as a means to avoid the topic, gotcha.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
So in other words you are solely latching on to that as a means to avoid the topic, gotcha.
No, try rereading my post. I addressed the lack on interest in Romney. I even used small words so you could understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies