Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are talking about people who voted for 0bama, do you really think paying attention, and looking at the facts is actually a part of their character?
I know and it's painful to have to face that so many Obama voters--and Left wingers, in general--are so uninformed they cannot sort out what is real and what is fanciful. It seems to go along with a segment of the Left wing--get your "news" from SNL, Bill Maher, Steven Colbert, etc. In truth, I get almost as irritated with some people I know locally who get some of their "news" from questionable TV sources that shall go unnamed but at least they are a pretty small minority of the population. Can't say that for the Lefties that drool over the Left wing comedians and think they are getting real news.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 05-26-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM

898 posts, read 827,477 times
I was thinking. So I didn't make the same mistake some of the fools here did and vote for a community organizer with a hidden past save for his ties to domestic terrorists and radicals. And the fools that voted for him got something else than they thought they were getting. Fools.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If the 0bama administration was not so overtly hostile to fossil fuels, then maybe the investors in oil futures would not bid them down. Instead, they know 0bama will cripple our production of fossil fuels, and a few years from now we will be in a real hurt locker.

The only reason we are producing fossil fuels now is because of the policies of past presidents, the decline due to 0bama's negative influences will not truly be felt until 3-5 years from now, and that is what the investors are speculating on.
So lefty Obama followers can understand let me put your message in simpler terms. If he suddenly ordered wide open drilling everywhere the prices controlled by speculators would drop like cement filled bags in the Mississippi "stilling" pond. Somehow they can't see that it is the Obama group keeping us from drilling that is contributing so much to our price. Maybe 5 years from now when they are driving pedal cars and riding horses they will see what he is doing to us. I guess that wouldn't be all bad since there would be so many more jobs cleaning up after the horses. I guess that is what they want from him. Jobs.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I was thinking. We have to get rid of those GD Republicans and there lying thieving ways.
No lying and thieving from the Obama group? That is very funny, but then you didn't think about that concerning Dems since the media had you under its thumb.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
I was thinking. So I didn't make the same mistake some of the fools here did and vote for a community organizer with a hidden past save for his ties to domestic terrorists and radicals. And the fools that voted for him got something else than they thought they were getting. Fools.
There are some folks on the right who want Marco Rubio to run for president. the guy says a lot of the right things, but he is not qualified either. Even though Rubio has more character strengths, and none of the radicalism of 0bama, he has no more qualifications, and no more record of accomplishments then 0bama. Saying the right things does not translate into making the right decisions and being able to lead. If he were running as a VP, I'd not have as much of a problem with it, but not as the top of the ticket.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
No lying and thieving from the Obama group? That is very funny, but then you didn't think about that concerning Dems since the media had you under its thumb.
Would you like a slice of YELLOW CAKE?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

And this as well. I will vote for Obama again in 2012. I don't like any other candidates right now.
Are you even willing to consider others? Most candidates haven't even announced yet, I think it's a little early to be making this claim, in all fairness.

Quote:

Also this is not the first time that gas has been over $4 a gallon in the past 5 years. Where I live it is not over $4 a gallon, plus the president doesn't have any control over that. I didn't blame Bush for the $5 a gallon gas back in 2005 either and he was no better than Obama so I guess all the people who voted form him were full of tumors as well.
It wasn't $5/gallon in 2005. I was a delivery driver back then and I know for a fact it was never close to $5. It went above $3 and I was flipping out about it since I used half a tank of gas a night (and this was in a 30mpg vehicle). In 2008 (or maybe it was 2007) they were up around $4/gallon but again, never $5.

I agree with your sentiments on Bush not being so hot as a president, FWIW. I think better than Obama, though, he was at least a leader and not a puppet (well, maybe just to a lesser extent than Obama is).

Old 05-26-2011, 10:08 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Would you like a slice of YELLOW CAKE?
Are you eluding that we went to war over a failed attempt by Saddam to acquire yellow cake uranium?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:11 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
I was thinking I'd get a strong leader that would make conservatives squirm. I was thinking I'd get a politician who has a lot of experience dealing with ball breakers, a.k.a. Chicago politicians. I was thinking I'd get a president who'd be better at fighting the war on terror than Bush. Finally, I was thinking I'd get a president who would have the nuts to pass the necessary legislation that may have gotten us into debt, but likely saved us from a depression that would have really destroyed our economy.

So far, I have been right.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:15 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
I was thinking: I don't want a government that caters to people who think like this! ^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies