Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So you approve of the people of WI exercising their constitutional right to attempt a recall (which I fully approve of as well) but you won't say whether you approve of the fair, constitutional election that put Scott Walker into office in the first place? What's so hard about logic for those on the left?

Because there is an agenda at stake, here.
Those that can't accept it and cannot adapt, will always become extinct.
They are seen as weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 08:12 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because there is an agenda at stake, here.
Those that can't accept it and cannot adapt, will always become extinct.
They are seen as weak.
Of course they are seen as weak, their movement is failing horribly around the country and while labor unions are still large in this country they're losing members and power every day. The more power they lose the more power the people of this country gains.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Walker has already failed! July 12 the people of Wisconsin will very likely get the State back on track for success.
According to current Democrat economic theory job destruction is the same as success, I can see why you're confused.....

Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because they fail to accept that the nation has seen the evil ways of the Progressive ideology.

Scott Walker would not have received the majority of votes, if they wished to keep on the same Progressive road, that has them in ruin.
Special elections, and a Conservative movement.

They fail to realize, an elected Conservative, was elected for a reason, when they were elected in a Conservative district.

It will turn out to be a waste of Wisconsin tax dollars, to settle the temper tantrum the children will always throw, when they don't get their way.

Perhaps - but that is their RIGHT, as guarenteed by THEIR CONSTITUTION.
Why are you so intent on depriving the citizens of Wisconsin of their constitutional RIGHTS?
Is it because YOU may not like the RESULT?
That's tough.
They have a RIGHT to recall their leaders and IF ENOUGH folks vote to do that, that's EXACTLY what they will do - as per the RIGHTS their CONSTITUTION grants them.

Besides, what are YOU complaining about? IF you are right and the actions of the state legislature and the governor TRULY represent the WILL of the people then the GOP will likely gain MORE seats as the Democrats also being recalled are thrown out and the GOP folks retain their seats.

Can it be that you are not so SURE that the actions of the governor and legislature TRULY represent the WILL of the PEOPLE?

You sure sound like it.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-30-2011 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Let impeachment hearings arise for Obama...

The thought process being presented here would do a 180 immediately.

The impeachment hearings for Obama are being held today, tomorrow and just like they were yesterday. The decision will be made November 2012.

The people will impeach him, if they wish.

That is how a Republic works.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:40 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
25,000 beautiful NEW JOBS DID "get the State back on track for success".

Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The real reason is President Obama's economic efforts, not that idiot Scott Walker. Way to continue the deceptive GOP marketing. President Obama's efforts are beginning to bear fruit. Walker sucks and likely will be recalled. Keep dreaming.
So Obama was waiting to hit the job creation switch until January 2011?

Why hasn't he flipped that same switch in other states that are still losing jobs or have double digit unemployment?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Forgive me if I am wrong, however, did not the WI Supreme Court rule against Walker? And of all these "jobs" created in WI, how many are government jobs? The same types of jobs you people are protesting against?
The judge didn't rule against the jobs created- how would that work anyway? He voted that the way they ran the bill through was improper. He (Walker)only has to resubmit the bill and give more time for review. In a nutshell, it wasn't the bill itself, just the way it was handled. The bill will make it through again.

I don't know anyone that moved to the side of the union strikers. The nation saw the dark side. They got a glimpse of just how shady, how deceitful and thuggish the members can be. Doctors and nurses roaming through the crowd with sick slips didn't get positive traction at all. I have to wonder if there are motels in Illinois salivating at the prospect of housing the Dems again. This next go around should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course they are seen as weak, their movement is failing horribly around the country and while labor unions are still large in this country they're losing members and power every day. The more power they lose the more power the people of this country gains.
There was a time that unions were needed. They did a lot for workers and wages. Then the leaders became powerful, and like politicians, began to abuse and manipulate it. Look at Hoffa, talk about a corrupt SOB, and to top it off his kid is now a powerful mob... I mean union leader. It befuddles me to no end that people will trade their souls for medical and 1.7x the national average in pay.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-30-2011 at 07:55 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You will need to ask the people of Wisc why they have the recall option in their Constitution. I think the experience in Wisc will prompt more States to think about adding that option to their Constitutions. Clearly, Wisc proves that politicians with hidden agenda, are able to fool a lot of people for a short time. I think most here in Fla wish we had that option.
I can tell you that even moderate liberals see you as extreme buddy. You go ahead and slap yourself on the back for ideology well done. Don't forget to take it off the grill, I think it's burning.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Wisconsin stinks! (literally)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies