Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Ummm, dude, you could benefit from studying American history. How the hell do you think the thieving immigrants got this country?
How many millions of faceless nameless people in the past were murdered, enslaved and conquered to create Mexico, Guatemala, or Honduras?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What would be the economic effect, outside of legal fees, of arresting and deporting all the illegal immigrants in this country? What would happen if we also deported all the legal immigrants operation under the H1b program?

Would there actually be American workers available for these jobs? Given the drop in American college educated engineers and scientists (primarily created by the job market being saturated by H1b immigrants accepting lower wages) would there be enough people available?

I believe there would be enough Americans willing to do the work of the illegal immigrants as well as the skilled work done by H1b immigrants. I do not believe the Americans would accept the pay offered to the illegal immigrants or to the H1B technicians.

This is an example of “Liberal Logic”.
bingo!

there is a surplus of american workers right now-which is what happens when you allow MILLIONS of illegal immigrants into your country. why do people think that part-time work is increasing so rapidly? why do people think that students, after having gone into debt to go to college, are having such a hard time finding full time gainful employment, or any employment? why do people think that food stamps and other social services are at an all time high?

the liberals s are completely out of touch on this issue, and i am embarrassed that wasserman schultz is from florida. (at least not my district). i don't know how she is going to get reelected. florida is a state that is suffering from too many illegal immigrants entering the job market here, or getting benefits/freebies here. her opposition should run that 24/7.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 AM

898 posts, read 827,585 times
There is something wrong with the thought process and maturity of liberals. It's really due to a certain lack of brain development which keeps their emotions in charge of their logic. Most people, as they mature, leave childish thinking behind. Not liberals. It really is a bit of a mental disorder. It's that junior high desire to be popular even though all the people you want to be popular with will stab you in the back at the first opportunity.

It happens over and over with each generation but most people grow out of it. Wasserman and her minions have not.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Default Anyone interested in a fact or two?

Not that it'll make a difference to the hard-core believers, but there's been considerable effort expended to make sure that immigration cases are not handled through the criminal court system. And that's one of the few smart moves ever made by the INS/USCIS.

If you're charged with illegally residing in the US, there's no trial - there's a hearing. The alien in question does not have full panoply of rights given a defendant in a criminal case. (Even though I'm a resident alien myself, this doesn't raise my hackles. Most of these are perfectly open-and-shut cases.)

This of course makes it much cheaper and easier to deport someone residing illegally. Making visa violations etc. a full-blown crime to be prosecuted criminally would be stupid and counterproductive, but it sure sounds good - so it's probably high on the Republican list of things to do.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not that it'll make a difference to the hard-core believers, but there's been considerable effort expended to make sure that immigration cases are not handled through the criminal court system. And that's one of the few smart moves ever made by the INS/USCIS.

If you're charged with illegally residing in the US, there's no trial - there's a hearing. The alien in question does not have full panoply of rights given a defendant in a criminal case. (Even though I'm a resident alien myself, this doesn't raise my hackles. Most of these are perfectly open-and-shut cases.)

This of course makes it much cheaper and easier to deport someone residing illegally. Making visa violations etc. a full-blown crime to be prosecuted criminally would be stupid and counterproductive, but it sure sounds good - so it's probably high on the Republican list of things to do.
Excuses, excuses....

Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Plese consider what the country would be like without illegal and legal immigrants.

BTW - both parties have their share of idiots. That is why a little rationality can go a long way.
Welfare use (various programs) by legal and illegal immigrants is over 50% due to low education, large families.

They are willing to work but a large percentage (over 80%) of these immigrants never finished high school.

It's the low caliber of immigrants that are putting stress on the system.
It's very hard to immigrate and make your way in America when you don't even have a high school diploma and a large family.

Immigrant use of welfare programs is over 50%.
Citizen use of welfare programs is just 30%.