Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So you know that it won't be there? If you know the future 40 years in advance.
Social security's demise doesn't need 40 years, just give it until 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Unfortunately, it is a long enough period in time for you to escape the mocking in these boards for having said that, even with the wolves I spoke of inside the coop's confines.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Unfortunately, it is a long enough period in time for you to escape the mocking in these boards for having said that, even with the wolves I spoke of inside the coop's confines.
OK. Well you feel free to rely on social security for retirement, I'm going to plan to not get a dime.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
You need better informed..... it's NOT illegal to not pay taxes. Only illegal to not file the proper paperwork. You don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.
People get wages garnished, homes foreclosed, and jail time for not paying taxes either filed or un-filed. You need to be better informed.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
You make the assumption you know ~10 years in the future with absolute certainty, and you know what they say about assume (it makes an a** of u and me). If you know what is happening that far in the future, you can still make a fortune by making bets where you know the result.

Unless you are more full of crap then a constipated elephant.

If you are wrong will you admit it, or pull a Doomer (like Camping) and just push the date father in the future?

Quote:
Well then just tell me the name of that person(s) that was charged with the "crime of owing money" to the gov please...... That's all.
Snipes' jail time: A tax-protest 'wake-up call' - Apr. 25, 2008

I encourage you not to take Snipe's lesson to heart, and please refuse to pay your taxes.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
OK. Well you feel free to rely on social security for retirement, I'm going to plan to not get a dime.
So you didn't get my earlier post either.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb My issue with tax increases.

Q: What is a millionaire known as after he pays his taxes?

A: A millionaire.

Whining millionaires are an embarrassment.

Shut up. Please...

Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
It's not a crime to owe money, it's a crime to purposely not pay taxes. Generally it's fixed through wage garnishments, liens and such. I worked at a tax resolution firm so I can assure you that paying taxes isn't optional.
That's right..... it's not a crime to owe money. Therefore your next misleading statement is also false..... show me that person(s) charged with the crime of "purposely not paying" ?

And I've already been involved directly and indirectly in a couple "criminal" trials with the US Government over all of this BS...... So show me what I and DA's apparently missed with these cases ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
People get wages garnished, homes foreclosed, and jail time for not paying taxes either filed or un-filed. You need to be better informed.
Same question to you..... show me any person who has been jailed for "failure to pay" please......

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Snipes' jail time: A tax-protest 'wake-up call' - Apr. 25, 2008

I encourage you not to take Snipe's lesson to heart, and please refuse to pay your taxes.
I encourage you to further enlighten yourself to the case you so eloquently listed..... you know not the facts, only what you think about it in your own mind with the help of the media. Wesley's case is one I have intimate knowledge on as my case was directly linked to his..... If you wish to be educated about actual facts on it PM me and I will help you learn something about your gov !

Old 06-02-2011, 01:19 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Well then just tell me the name of that person(s) that was charged with the "crime of owing money" to the gov please...... That's all.

How about I make it even easier for you. Since you are an accountant and know it's illegal to owe money to the gov, you shouldn't have any problem posting that tax code that states so for me right ?!
Then don't pay youur taxes.....Stand up for your rights!!!
And whateve3r you do, when they come for you, show them your gun

Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Surprise, surprise, the Baby Boom won't live forever and after they are gone it will normalize. all we need to do is remove the cap from the wage tax and we're home free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies