Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,928,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
In a normal world or place she would be at fault since she should have requested the packets and put them in herself.

However in "Everything is someone else's fault" America it appears she has a case.
Good point. Whoever heard of the employees going out of their way to add sugar to your coffee in the first place? They make the sugar available to the customer for the customer to add on their own is all I've ever seen .

I have a feeling she's lying all the way about the coffee, including that the employees put it in her coffee.

She is just a shyster trying to cook up some lawsuit to win big money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 35,004,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
And that is where I disagree I don't think Toyota should release a vehicle that had a REMOTE chance of braking failure..not that people should be taught how to break "Properly" according to Toyota. That's like making a gun that can go off but "only if you shake it improperly".
since you dont seem to have a clue, let me educate you. new car designs are tested thoroughly on the computer these days before a prototype is even pondered. once cyber testing is done, then several prototypes are made, and these are also thoroughly tested for 100s of thousands of miles in conditions that you wouldnt even consider driving in, over roads that you wouldnt even consider driving on.

when something breaks, the manufacturers fix the problem, and then begin the testing all over again. once testing is complete, then production lines are set up. but as with ANYTHING there can be issues that dont pop up during testing, and there are sometimes production issues. show me one manufacturer that puts out a perfect product EVERY TIME. i will save you some time here, YOU CANT, they dont exist.

Quote:
Now as to the diabetes I know nothing about it and will admit that but if experts say there is no way 3-4 packets of sugar even contributed to the coma then Dunkin is off the hook.
i can tell you from experience as a diabetic, that a few packets of sugar will not cause the problems thie woman in the op claimed, unless her sugars were way out of control because she wasnt taking care of her diabetes. it sounds to me like she is looking for a payday and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras View Post
Some diabetics don't take care of them selves and there blood sugar runs in the 300's often. On top of that some have severe insulin resistance and even a little bit if sugar can shoot there blood sugar up. But still something just doesn't add up about this story. Diabetics can go into a coma when there blood sugar gets to high but I've seen people walking around on there own with bg in the 700's.
my blood sugar when i was diagnosed was 1200 and i never lost consciousness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies