Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:37 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras View Post
Watch I bet eventually were gonna have ground troops in libya too, and if obama was really concerned about national security the borders would be secure. Do you realize how easy it would be for terrorists to slip through?
According to some foreign media, we already have troops on the ground. Obama doesn't care about the security of this country, just as Bush didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama's actions with drones is about his only policy that I agree with. If someone is harboring terrorists, their boundries are inconsequential.
And...it is the continuation of the Bush/Cheney policies!

Old 06-04-2011, 03:45 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Why are the righties condemning Obama for doing the things Bushy couldn't do?
Really? The righties are condemning obama, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yeppers! I can hear Hannity now....but for Bush policies BLAH BLAH BLAH
Well, your leftie friends do not agree with either of you.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:46 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Apparent the right still thinks that Iraq was responsible for 9/11.
Iraq was in violation of something like 19 United Nations' resolutions. These came from Saddam Hussan's thumbing his nose at his "agreement of truce" during the first Gulf War. Of course he had to be stopped. Better before he had a Nuclear Weapon's arsenal than after...and he was working on getting the materials to build nuclear weapons. Don't forget the satellite photos capturing long lines of trucks crossing the western Iraq border into Syria not long before we went into Iraq. There is so much more here than meets the eye. Some we may never know about, but we can be assured that we are now safe from any of the horrors Saddam Hussan was planning for us and others around the world.

Thank God for Bush, Cheney and whomever else saw the danger and stopped it before it got unstoppable. Remember this when Iran drops its first nuke.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:06 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The operational head and main military mind behind Al Qaeda was killed last night in a unilateral drone strike in Pakistan.
I guess Obama doesn't care about sovereignty or our allies. This man is an out of control dictator who doesn't think laws apply to him.

Official Says Top Al Qaeda Operative Killed in Pakistan - FoxNews.com

Top jihadist leader killed, followers say - CNN.com
And if he did not go after them, the right wing nuts would whine about that. Fact is the President made a difficult choice and his judgement was right.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 PM

31 posts, read 31,788 times
Chucksnee. Interesting that you promote this child abuse.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:37 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowEyes View Post
Chucksnee. Interesting that you promote this child abuse.
?

Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The operational head and main military mind behind Al Qaeda was killed last night in a unilateral drone strike in Pakistan.
I guess Obama doesn't care about sovereignty or our allies. This man is an out of control dictator who doesn't think laws apply to him.

Official Says Top Al Qaeda Operative Killed in Pakistan - FoxNews.com

Top jihadist leader killed, followers say - CNN.com
Well I am glad we got another one of the rats. Yeehaaaaaa, Obama and his six guns, cowboy approach to the middle east is at least getting some good shots in. What a cowboy he is. Can you just see him riding off into the sunset with his hat held high? Gives me the goosebumps.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
The wars we're in are actually quite unpopular within the Democratic Party. Left-wingers rally behind him in spite of, not because, of these wars.

That being said, it's surprising to see more Republicans turn against wars that they had supported, possibly (though, I admit, not necessarily) because they are now President Obama's wars.

I myself am a liberal who always supported the War in Afghanistan, though not Iraq. I also support our current efforts in Libya. I believe that if we just withdraw from Afghanistan we will empower the Taliban to retake that 'country' and will give yet another home for Al-Qaeda to more safely plan attacks against us and other countries. Beyond that, the liberal in me hates the idea of the Taliban, and any similar entity, controlling any area of the world as they are unbelievably oppressive. Things are already bad for the citizens of Afghanistan, they'd be a lot worse under Taliban control. I believe it would be immoral to allow the Taliban to regain power from us. I do, however, also believe that we are being immoral in providing so little foreign, non-military aid to this country.

So, when should we start bombing Yemen and Syria?

Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I never heard anybody on the left saying killing terrorist in battle was wrong. Clinton did it and now Obama's doing it. It just happens that Democrats do it better. Capturing and torturing goat herders is wrong.
You prefer a "take no prisoners" approach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies