Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually it's the liberal cities that are now all up in arms that "their" money is going outside of their districts. They want it all back so they don't have to worry about their budget issues. To hell with equality in education.

The hypocrisy of it all has me laughing. Houston, Dallas, Austin...they all want "their" money back.
According to Californians and many others outside Texas the only liberal city is Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 02:12 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
According to Californians and many others outside Texas the only liberal city is Austin.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
[quote=Casper in Dallas;19586151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
"Sticking (my) head in the sand"? I believe I can identify the major issues as well as you, and understand that Texas is handling them better than many other states.
I agreed with that, try paying closer attention in the future. That still does not mean all is great in our Great State, enjoy your sand nap.

You and others always consider the glass "half empty" while other consider it half full. Honestly don't understand your pessimism, and the fact that you seem never to have anything positive to say about Texas. If I felt that way, I'd be looking for another state that provided a better political atmosphere.
Nice attempt at a blanket statement, unfortunately, for you, it is incorect. I have said many time to others here looking for work and a low tax burden to come here because it IS better in Texas.
There you go again try to get me to leave, YOU first.

Redistricting? Such a short memory you have. It apparently was just fine when the democrats was running the show.
The Dems did nothing when it came to redistricting that is currently affecting the nature of voting in this state. Personally I feel it should be done by a non-partisan group, otherwise we get the same old BS, no matter who runs the show. Good try at ignoring who has been running the state for the last decade or so and who has done what, defection failure on your part. [/quote]
Casper
Like I said,...you have a short memory regarding redistricting. You need to revisit the Texas political climate of the late 80s and early 90s.

As for your leaving the state,...personally I could care less one way or the other. But realize this,...I'm not the one whining and wringing my hands about every little thing that doesn't please me.

"Cowboy up".

Old 06-15-2011, 07:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
[quote=sol11;19589268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

Like I said,...you have a short memory regarding redistricting. You need to revisit the Texas political climate of the late 80s and early 90s.

As for your leaving the state,...personally I could care less one way or the other. But realize this,...I'm not the one whining and wringing my hands about every little thing that doesn't please me.

"Cowboy up".
My memory is just fine and I recall every redistricting move made in this state since the 70s, it is history and can be looked up just in case your memory is failing you, again.
Then why keep bringin up my leaving the State? You just posting to see your words on the screen?
I am not whining or wringing my hands over anything, that I leave to the professionals such as yourself and the rest of the far right, after al you are sooooo good at it.
Casper

Old 06-16-2011, 08:12 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
[quote=Casper in Dallas;19597978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
My memory is just fine and I recall every redistricting move made in this state since the 70s, it is history and can be looked up just in case your memory is failing you, again.
Then why keep bringin up my leaving the State? You just posting to see your words on the screen?
I am not whining or wringing my hands over anything, that I leave to the professionals such as yourself and the rest of the far right, after al you are sooooo good at it.
Casper
When you have something relevant to discuss, get back to me. Until then, I see no need in banter with another whinyassed liberal.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:03 AM

589 posts, read 376,705 times
[quote=sol11;19614686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

When you have something relevant to discuss, get back to me. Until then, I see no need in banter with another whinyassed liberal.
http://www.zyzyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Casper-McFadden.jpg (broken link)

This is Casper, a ghost, you can ignore him

Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

Boy is it. Austin is very liberal. I'd say the San Fran of the 3rd coast.
But all the big cities are very Progressive.
San Antonio, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth., with Austin the most.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 AM

589 posts, read 376,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Boy is it. Austin is very liberal. I'd say the San Fran of the 3rd coast.
But all the big cities are very Progressive.
San Antonio, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth., with Austin the most.
Houston is socially progressive, but fiscally conservative.It's a good recipe for success

Old 06-19-2011, 04:51 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Furthermore, local politicians throughout the Lone Star have not made the standard of living in Texas substantially worse than 'The Late, Great Golden State that Dwight Yoakam sang about a decade or so ago.

That's also why California was massacred by the housing crash as opposed to Texas, where open space laws have not impeded the construction of affordable housing statewide, much to the consternation of Governor Moonbeam and the Al Gore fanatics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies