Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:44 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
So if a disaster happened during the event, would he not be the governor? Please, just stop it. Being governor is a 24hr/7 day a week job.
He's on call 24/7. He's not in his governor office performing governor tasks 24/7. By your logic, he watches TV and even sleeps on the job. Outrageous!

Quote:
ALSO, he represents more than HIS BASE, which is what I've been getting at the entire thread which you obviously don't understand.
No, he doesn't. He represents his base. You know, the people who elected him?

I repeat my questions:

- Is Rick Perry a citizen of the United States of America?
- Does the constitution guarantee freedom of religion for citizens of the United States of America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
The Obama analogy answered that posters question perfectly..Actually, in Saudu Arabia, I'd be in jail and you'd likely be beside me for not being a muslim.
Now you've shot yourself in the other foot. Saudi Arabia does put people in jail who are not Muslim. The country is filled with foreign workers who are Christian and Hindu. (No Jews allowed there, though.) It just does not allow the open practice of any religion except Islam.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
LOL..Really? So when Obama goes golfing and the wingnuts fume, isn't he just taking time off to be Barack Obama? Don't be a hypocrite.
That's what all the libs say.."he works hard and deserves some time off"

Old 06-12-2011, 10:47 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Now you've shot yourself in the other foot. Saudi Arabia does put people in jail who are not Muslim. The country is filled with foreign workers who are Christian and Hindu. (No Jews allowed there, though.) It just does not allow the open practice of any religion except Islam.
I didn't shoot myself, you aptly corrected me and admitted that they exclude people based on religion and doesn't allow regular citizens to outwardly practice anything outside of Islam..Is that suppose to be good? LOL..

Still waiting on an answer to the Romeny question.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's what all the libs say.."he works hard and deserves some time off"
The point is, he's president when golfing and Perry is governor when leading a christian prayer event. Thanks for helping put a button on that one.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Personal attack..Lol..Nice attempt to get me to go away. Maybe you forgot your smart little response above.

I'm free to post aren't I. If you don't like my points, don't respond to the thread. You're free to do that.
I said go back to bed, today isn't your day. I did not suggest you can't think for yourself or that you don't have a brain, as you did to me. If you can't see the difference, maybe your smart ass comment to me is a shoe that fits you better than it does me.

I'll keep posting all I want. That is, if the same posting privileges extend to me that you also want to exercise.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I said go back to bed, today isn't your day. I did not suggest you can't think for yourself or that you don't have a brain, as you did to me. If you can't see the difference, maybe your smart ass comment to me is a shoe that fits you better than it does me.

I'll keep posting all I want. That is, if the same posting privileges extend to me that you also want to exercise.
You're the one whining about me posting. I don't care what you do. You obviously don't like what I'm posting, so why stay? LOL..You seem frustrated that I wont listen to you..

How about somebody answer the Romney question instead of demanding that I go back to bed..I'm not tired..LOL.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
WHy wont anybody answer the Romney question?..If Romney were to win, and on his "off day" lead a mormon prayer event on the lawn of the white house where he thanked Joesph Smith or Moroni for blessing the US, would that be ok?
The event Perry is attending a private event, privately funded and will not be held on public property. The White House lawn is public property. Therein lies the difference. Get it?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
WHy wont anybody answer the Romney question?..If Romney were to win, and on his "off day" lead a mormon prayer event on the lawn of the white house where he thanked Joesph Smith or Moroni for blessing the US, would that be ok?

I would be perfectly OK with it.

No one, not even Mitt would be forcing us all to become Mormon, or face a penalty.

We all would previously know, his religion and values before he was ever elected.

When he says we are all Mormon and nothing else, then there would be a big problem.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
The event Perry is attending a private event, privately funded and will not be held on public property. The White House lawn is public property. Therein lies the difference. Get it?
Nope..Perry's governor wherever he goes as long as he's in office just as Weiner's a congressman even on twitter and Obama president when he's golfing, right?

I ask again, will somebody specifically answer the Romney question? It's obvious that Perry's action is only acceptable becuase it's your religion. I see..I do get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies